Traumatic small van search

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiphidius

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do people advertise their small vans as Mint, Excellent Condition, First to see will buy....and when I go to view them (covering many miles) they are total heaps...I'm done with these privateers trying to extract a large amount of money from me for something that should be scrapped hahahaha Rant Over :x

xiphidius":3o34pyoq said:
Why do people advertise their small vans as Mint, Excellent Condition, First to see will buy....and when I go to view them (covering many miles) they are total heaps...I'm done with these privateers trying to extract a large amount of money from me for something that should be scrapped hahahaha Rant Over :x

it's also becoming more normal on ebay, there are plenty of sellers selling rusty minging saws who are saying things like 'excellent condition, no marks, like new' and you just look at the photos and know they are lying.

God yeh. It's a modern thing. If only the Romans had hung signs over their marketplaces 2000 years ago saying Caveat Emptor none of us would be getting ripped off now would we?
Selfish pippers. What did they ever do for us. Well never mind the Romans 2000 years ago.
Check this fella out? Eh? At a time when the Romans would have found Mesopotamian discoveries as old as we do Roman, here's maybe the first ever customer complaint written down. How do we know it was written down? Well. We still have it. :D 5000 years later.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/artifact ... int-020313 :D

xiphidius":381x9lpm said:

Well I'm sorry to say but in my experience buying a second hand van from the Trade is also a lottery.
The only advice I can offer is if you can afford to buy new then do it.
There can be good deals to be had on Pre-reg Vans if you look around.

Back