Just a couple of wee pieces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiphidius

Established Member
Reaction score
Well here sees me trying to scroll around a few simple items to embellish my boxes, and trying to do my saw purchase some kind of justice lol...As still unfinished. The letters I purchased as I'm still not that accomplished..but again the whole thing is not too bad considering I'm no exponent from the Yankee Workshop hahaha...Dont be too hyper critical......please hahahaha
Regards
C

Attachments

• frontal.jpg
    frontal.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 784
Love it! looks very professional and the lighthouse and boat finish it off great! I can never get a decent finish using paint on wood....usually lots of bristles stuck in it and brush marks.

Cheers
Brian

I think it's great too. The anchor up the top - is that the one you showed on an earlier post where you were mumbling about how bad it was? (It wasn't bad at all BTW). But if yes, then do you see how it just blends in with the whole design (like the yacht and the lighthouse) making any slight shape errors that are there completely un-noticeable.

Well done mate.

AES

Thanks guys, very encouraging words indeed..Its still unfinished as I mentioned I need 2 more anchors for the sides and my signature Crab shape (a mark of my work) to affix The Lighthouse needs its windows, door and lantern colours applying...For the materials I would first seal it with Zinsser Bullseye 123 before painting 2 coats and rub down with very fine sandpaper in-between..the paints are all Dulux emulsions either endurance or kitchen types matt in most cases and again very light rub down between coats using artists brushes not the normal DIY types (Harris etc) Then it is finished off with a Satin Varnish to give the whole thing some durability against knocks etc.

The anchor up the top - is that the one you showed on an earlier post
Certainly is..lol, it didn't work out too bad with a lot of sanding...
I think the box is well themed and I dont want to overkill it by adding a lot more...also I try to steer away from the in the moment types of themes such as Toy Story etc as I think they become dated in time, but I will do them if asked lol...My upholstery skills whilst also limited are quite passable hahahahaha
Thanks for your comments guys they are as always much appreciated.
Regards
C

You have done a fine job on that BUT shame you spelt Olivver wrong lol 9-)

ps thanks for the painting tips

Brian

Back