Price for hegner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunts777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering guys is 300 a good price for hegner multicut 2s with stand no quick release additions. Would I be better off getting the variable speed? Thanks Lee.

hunts777":1ez78h01 said:
Hi just wondering guys is 300 a good price for hegner multicut 2s with stand no quick release additions. Would I be better off getting the variable speed? Thanks Lee.

I was more than happy to pay £260 for the same thing about 4 years ago. Mine came from a school and included the NVR switch which I eventually removed. Others swear by variable speed, but I have it now and never change the speed. I only got it because it came along at the right price - it cost me next to nothing. :)

At less than half the cost of a new one it seems about right. I like the VS I have on my 1s but would have seriously considered one like that had it been available at the time

bob

I love my variable speed model. Although it usually runs at the same speed I find it useful to reduce the speed for intricate cuts and for slightly changing the speed to 'tune out' vibrations as my floor is a floating wooden one.

Hi,
I would consider an Axminster personally...I was like you and was going all out to get a Hegner and was advised by Brian to go down this route...and I have to say that I am fully satisfied with this, shall we say Hegner clone as I got everything I wanted and more for a decent price, admittedly a little more than your chosen amount but it is a fantastic machine (variable speed inc.) even though I'm not doing it justice at the moment...coupled with Axminster's after sales it was a winning combination...All thanks to Brian for steering me in that direction...check it out for yourself...Free delivery too..and if you head over to the Axminster Ebay site you may save a further tenner or so....A little homemade table completed the job lol...Regards C
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axminster-Tra ... 3641.l6368

Attachments

• fb ax.jpg
    fb ax.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,051
xiphidius":3t9myjm7 said:
Hi,
I would consider an Axminster personally...I was like you and was going all out to get a Hegner and was advised by Brian to go down this route...and I have to say that I am fully satisfied with this, shall we say Hegner clone as I got everything I wanted and more for a decent price, admittedly a little more than your chosen amount but it is a fantastic machine (variable speed inc.) even though I'm not doing it justice at the moment...coupled with Axminster's after sales it was a winning combination...All thanks to Brian for steering me in that direction...check it out for yourself...Free delivery too..and if you head over to the Axminster Ebay site you may save a further tenner or so....A little homemade table completed the job lol...Regards C
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axminster-Tra ... 3641.l6368

Keep an eye on e-bay, I got an AWFS from Axminster as a return for half price, think I was lucky with the price I paid. Just wish I had more time to use it.

Thanks for all the replies guys I'll keep my eye out for a good deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back