Everything's coming up roses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
My idea was to print a red backing for the flower part and leave the rest as it is, but it looked rubbish, so I don't really know what to do with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4760.jpg
    IMG_4760.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,039
How thick is the wood ? Could you mount it in an A4 frame with a red backer for the flower and a green backer for the rest ? The craft shops have a good selection of heavy paper/card.

take care
Don W

Love it Martin, you could make illuminated pictures by putting coloured acetate sheets behind and a small LED light (would need a shallow frame)
The link for the patterns is excellent too.......plenty of designs that would work lovely.

Cheers
Brian
ps Martin tell her indoors thanks for the Owl comment :cool: Housewife's Choice eh? lol used to know quite a few Housewives into motorcycles in my delinquent days on two wheels 9-)

donwatson":29nml5ss said:
How thick is the wood ? Could you mount it in an A4 frame with a red backer for the flower and a green backer for the rest ? The craft shops have a good selection of heavy paper/card.

take care
Don W

It's 1/4" thick, Don, just thick enough, and the cuts narrow enough, that the colours don't show through properly, too much shadow. Barry and Naz's suggestion of a dark backing is spot on. Makes it pop as Barry says. I can rest easy now and stick it in the box in the wardrobe with the rest of the stuff I cut. :mrgreen:

Brian, no housewives here. We've been together 40 years on the 1st of April (who's the fool?) and she still hasn't decided whether she wants to marry me or not. ;)

QUOTE:
Love it Martin, you could make illuminated pictures by putting coloured acetate sheets behind and a small LED light (would need a shallow frame)
The link for the patterns is excellent too.......plenty of designs that would work lovely.
UNQUOTE:

+1 from me on both points. Patterns link bookmarked.

AES

Back