Vacuum hose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed209

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a general vacuum hose to use with Tracksaw, Domino, Mirka Sander etc. I've come to the conclusion that a un ribbed hose and lightweight would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed209":1lo0p6d5 said:
Can anyone recommend a general vacuum hose to use with Tracksaw, Domino, Mirka Sander etc. I've come to the conclusion that a un ribbed hose and lightweight would be better.
An un-ribbed hose would need to have pretty thick walls not to collapse in on itself, I'm not sure that's compatible with 'lightweight'. An alternative is to use a regular ribbed hose and cover it with a sheath, something like this. A bonus of this is that you can also run a power cord inside the sheath, like this:
IMG_20170226_002930a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_002930a.jpg
    IMG_20170226_002930a.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 146
+1 for the sheathing - I grabbed some off ebay and use it on my vac hose to stop the ribbing getting caught on table edges

Thanks for sheathing suggestion so glad I asked as it didn't even occur to me to look for something like that, I did consider wrapping tape round my current ribbed hose to try and eliminate the snagging on edges when in particular using track saw, and the idea of putting power cord through it as well brilliant.
Now to compliment that idea would be a industry standard power lead and vacuum connection (USB for power tools)

Now if only all the manufacturers could standardise this life would be so much simpler, one, maybe two hose/power combos.
Not only is each manufacturer power socket different so also is the diameter of the hose connections

Ed209":c7fglls2 said:
Thanks for sheathing suggestion so glad I asked as it didn't even occur to me to look for something like that, I did consider wrapping tape round my current ribbed hose to try and eliminate the snagging on edges when in particular using track saw, and the idea of putting power cord through it as well brilliant.
Here's another tip: don't use electrical tape at the ends, use plumbers' self-amalgamating tape, that way you don't end up with sticky ends after a while.
Now to compliment that idea would be a industry standard power lead and vacuum connection (USB for power tools)
There is :D most of my tools have plug-it sockets. Those that don't you can modify with one of these.

Back