Well, that looks like the death of my Transit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Looks like diesel pump has bit the dust and being an 02 plate may be nonviable repair bill :shock: #-o
Only thought about changing it a few weeks back and decided against it :roll:
Time to move on 8)
Andy

There are entire vehicles on the bay under 500 quid.
buy one, strip out what spares you want and sell the rest to a scrap yard.
Also saw several pumps under 500.

transit used to be a work horse ie use and abuse. Now a relatively highly stressed engine and everything needs to be spot on for it to be good! I had a 03 TDCI which threw a fault code pertaining to fuel pump and I scrapped it as it was worth £1200 - £1500 pre the fault. Same applies to Mondeo, Focus etc. Modern diesels can be an expensive nightmare...

Had my transit 4 1/2 years, ended up with 137,000 miles on it and just part exchanged if - got £3750 for it and seen it advertised by the garage at £4995.
It didn't give me a great deal of trouble all the time I had it.

I would go on the transit forums as there are some very helpful people on there who may be able to get you sorted cheaper than a new pump.

There should be loads of spare engine parts knocking around for Transits.
Doesn't the bodywork usually rust away before the engine gives up?

Ah yes, the dreaded transit fuel pump. Mine also gave up a few years back also on a 2003 model. Turns out the pump is a coded item and as such is damn expensive! Van was worth about £1800 and a second hand pump was going to cost me £800! then it would have to be coded again to my engine so thought it was time to scrap it. I had already had the DMF and clutch go and that was after the gear change linkage went needing the box out! The MK7 Transit is garbage compared to the earlier versions. I won't touch a Ford diesel now. :evil:

lurker":becsvdx3 said:
I find it hard to believe your brother will not have one lying around somewhere Andy :)

We have a few bits :roll: mostly old tech stuff that can be done without outside assistance but this is, as said all set up electronically :evil:

Good news is, a last minute reprieve is in order by a friend of a friend who has the contacts to get it sorted in budget 8) (hammer)

Hopefully it puts me back on the road long enough to see another van and get sorted.

Had a look at the market but boy is that a minefield or what?
If you know of ought let me know please, always better to get a known vehicle :wink:

Cheers
Andy

I've got an 11 plate 350 LWB HR Transit, 86k miles with tow bar up for sale if you're interested? It' in Birmingham so not a million miles away.

A couple of my mates have just moved to leasing their vans as it's cheap and reliable and they get nice vans with heated seats and air con for a pretty small monthly cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back