Kity 635 Planer Belt Size and thickness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anvar

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I'm an Expat Australian based in NRW Germany and I have been gifted a Combo Kity 635-616 on an original Kity table. The saw is missing nearly everything , however the Jointer/Thicknesser has all but the main blade guard. It has cleaned up well and seems to have nice a flat top and good beaings and bushings. The Electric motor is a 380V 1.5hp version.

There were no manuals or parts listings/diagrams.... May I ask if the belt for the drive rollers is a ... 710 x 6 x 1mm flat ? As for the main drive belt 20 mm width by 1100 to 1200 length will do as intend to turn the 635 into a single unit on a mobile base unite. Are the main drive belts from the Electric Motor to the Kity 635 1.4 to 1.6 mm?
I have found a company out of Austria that is selling a PU11 Flat belt made by Esband in Germany. The the PU11 is for a 1mm thickness belt(710x6mm ?) and the Ne22 at 1.4mm thickness belt for (1100-1200mm) drive belt. Anybody have experience with these belts?

I have a project for a house renovation commencing next week. Need the belts to check all will run and get stuck into it.

Any info much appreciated .

Scott

There is a thread on here somewhere that went through all the belt options for the 635, do a search you should find it.

Mike

Hello Mike,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have been through most of the threads before I posted my message. I really just need clarification that they are 1 to 2 mm thickness.
The French threads have been very informative on setup and what goes where. I'll take the plunge and order some of the endless lope flat belts and see how she runs.

Thanks again Scott

Its a shame I do not have access to my workshop at the moment its 600km away as I have spare belts for the 635 sitting in the stand that I have it on, but I do remember I bought them from a German retailer in Strasburg, I think this is where they are now made by Shepach. (spelling)

Mike

Mike,
I have had a look at the website for belt options. I think spares are rather like hens teeth.... After stripping the 635 and cleaning, I was impressed with the tolerances of all the parts. There are not that many to speak of though. Considering the market it was primarily aimed at, it's good quality..
I have a Scheppach dealer 15k down the road. Takes more than a week for parts...
The cost of 3 belts comes to 30 Euro plus postage/tax from Austria. They are on the bright side though, being yellow/grey. At my door midweek.
Let you know how they run. I can also try a company called Graf who do HEVALOID®Flachriemen belts 525HF (flat belts ). Plus many others.

Another question regarding blades. 80% will be softwoods, pine mostly but have a boat building project in the next couple of years and will be using Ash and some tropical hardwoods. Are you using the HSS blades or the TI 18% TCT versions. I have no sharpening equipment .Need to find somebody local who won't take half the blade off when they sharpen something though.

Scott

The problem with softwoods is the resin build up you can get on the feed roller of the thicknesser, this needs cleaning off regularly, otherwise the timber will not feed through the machine.

I use the less expensive HSS double edge blades off e-bay, but do use a diamond hone on them at regular intervals ( http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-di ... one-510258 ) to keep them sharp, most of my work is in Oak so its no easy life for the blades, but they cope well and I have never thought I needed anything better.

Mike

PS this is an interesting thread, using a pillar drill to sharpen planer blades: planer-knife-jig-t29969.html

Back