Sip 01332 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemishwoodcrafts

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the aforementioned saw and like many people on here who own it and the many clones available, love it. However I have been looking at the possibility of getting an older wadkin saw because I know most of them have the longer arbour that can accommodate a dado head. Not looking to get into a debate about stacked dados, that's one for another day.

My problem I have is I have no idea what the second hand value of my saw would be! I see them on eBay and online brand new for close to £1500 at times, but I have no idea if people actually pay that or get better deals from stockists.
I was hoping someone could maybe offer advice etc to help me shed some light on this pricing dilemma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400 pounds plus. if it has the sliding carriage an extra 50 to 100 pounds. I got the saw second hand for 500 euros with the sliding carriage hope that helps.

Rick

Thanks. That's the sort of region I was thinking of when pricing it. Just need to locate a suitable replacement for the right money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold mine a couple of years for £600 as I recall, don't undervalue it :)

A rough rule of thumb that seems quite reasonable is to start at around three quarters of new price if in decent nick and then lower if you can't move it, but around two thirds of new price is pretty reasonable for a buyer, less than that is a bargain for the buyer unless it's pretty tattty or has issues.

paulm":276i11d4 said:
I sold mine a couple of years for £600 as I recall, don't undervalue it :)

A rough rule of thumb that seems quite reasonable is to start at around three quarters of new price if in decent nick and then lower if you can't move it, but around two thirds of new price is pretty reasonable for a buyer, less than that is a bargain for the buyer unless it's pretty tattty or has issues.

Being a keen eBay user, I would say that is very ambitious. 40-60% is more likely depending on condition/ desirability. Two thirds maybe for festool kit which seems to really hold its value.
400-500 is what those saws were going for when I was looking a couple of years ago.

Back