Axminster-Trade-Series-AWFS18-Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiphidius

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to order an Axminster-Trade-Series-AWFS18-Scroll Saw. (imminent)
I would also like to include some extra blades with my order, I am a newbie to the game but have used shop machinery before such as bandsaws etc.
Can the membership please advise me with links from the Axminster site on which blades I should be buying, what sizes, quantities. Which would I be using the most...(a good cross section)...I dont want to just order the saw and be left wanting for blades.

Regards
C

Cheers Brian...it's Colin btw hahahaha
No worries thats exactly the answer I was looking for.
I'll order a couple of multi packs for starters coupled with the no name pack that should see me going for a while ...hopefully..
Thanks for the input
Barry...hahahahahaha...I mean Brian lol

Hahaha Bev
non sexist lol.....Just asked about combined postage from the Bay of Fleas...Axminster Ebay site is about a tenner cheaper than their actual website ??? so will offset a pack of blades.
Regards
Cliff

Axminster Tools would not combine postage on a new saw plus 2 packs of pegas blades via Ebay..
Told me to order via their main site....

Ebay Axminster site...the saw is £449.95 and FREE Delivery
Axminster Website... the saw is £460.96 FREE Delivery on orders over x amount (I'm well over that amount)

The blades are not listed on Ebay but it's Effectively the same bloomin shop lol

So swings and roundabouts really, thought I might have squeezed them for the price of a pack of blades within Ebay...didn't know they were that hard up if they wanted a sale...(blades = circa £10 ea).....suppose thats how business works hahahahaha

Email Reply Quote
Hello
Thank you for your message. If you would like to order all of these together, I would recommend ordering via our website.

I suppose an order of circa £500 quid is nothing these days lol
I've a good mind just to go for the Hegner now...lol

xiphidius":1vd3bqbe said:
Axminster Tools would not combine postage on a new saw plus 2 packs of pegas blades via Ebay..
Told me to order via their main site....

Ebay Axminster site...the saw is £449.95 and FREE Delivery
Axminster Website... the saw is £460.96 FREE Delivery on orders over x amount (I'm well over that amount)

The blades are not listed on Ebay but it's Effectively the same bloomin shop lol

So swings and roundabouts really, thought I might have squeezed them for the price of a pack of blades within Ebay...didn't know they were that hard up if they wanted a sale...(blades = circa £10 ea).....suppose thats how business works hahahahaha

Email Reply Quote
Hello
Thank you for your message. If you would like to order all of these together, I would recommend ordering via our website.

I suppose an order of circa £500 quid is nothing these days lol

A bit mean if you ask me, on an order like that one would think they could throw in the extra blades you wanted for free.

Crafty too, by getting you to order via their website they are saving on ebay fees!

I thought so too scrimper....not that I was looking for a massively better deal...but seems strange to me that they will sell you a saw on Ebay but dont offer the blades..hmmmmm......its only £10 in the cold light of day and I'm not overly concerned about paying it, but the short shrift of the email reply threw me, a little a bit on the blunt side, considering you are in business and may get repeat business on the back of how you deal with your customers...but hey I'm only a small fish in a big pond or so it seems lol

Axminster website reads
Our quality delivery service is free on orders over £50, to most of the UK, and only £1 on orders under £50!

So I'll just order the saw from the Bay of Fleas and take the hit on £1 delivery for the blades from their site...hahahahaha
a long way round to save a few quid but needs must ...why cant things be so much simpler for the sake of £1 p&p lol

ALL ORDERED.....Yup Charley just noticed that...I couldn't order the blades from Ebay so I just ordered the saw and then the blades from their site. No winning at this game eh lol.....
Anyway its all purchased now so I'm looking forward to getting some work done and projects finished.. (after the learning curve that is).

Hahaha,
I expect so Bart, lol. and expensive keystroke there and a nice splash screen congratulating me on the purchase lol
Cant wait to get cracking...to see how things pan out.
This saw will make things a little easier for me in certain areas, who knows I may even try intarsia one day lol
Let ya know how things pan out
Regards
C

Attachments

• 501201_xl.jpg
    501201_xl.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,757
When you're next in the market for blades, order the Niqua blades from FleaBay. Same as the coveted Flying Conman... errm, I mean Dutchman... blades.

I bought my Niqua blades from hobbies but can't remember if it was fleabay or from their website direct

Niqua blades I can only find in large quantities at around 25 GBP for a gross...cant see me needing a gross of one size for now, perhaps when I get sorted and find my actual feet whereby I'll probably be using only 3 sizes consisting of something of the order of Fine, Medium and Heavy (maybe an ultra Fine)...and a few doz of each I imagine would be ok.....Anyway for now I have 3 pkts of Pegas mixed starter sets to go at, snap a few and find my way about.....DPD have the saw at my local depot this morning so I presume they will try and deliver it today at some point, here lieth a problem of no one being in as we both work...and the depot only being open until 6pm....so its looking like a Sat morning pickup if not left with a neighbour lol......So cant wait...Like a bloody child at christmas hahahahaha.

xiphidius":2e1zyrbt said:
....So cant wait...Like a bloody child at christmas hahahahaha.
It's 3 weeks since I got my first scroll saw so I remember that feeling well. I'm loving it and having a great time learning how to use it. I'm sure you'll love your new toy too.

You're not looking very well at the moment, are you sure you're up for working? Perhaps you need to go home to recover? :D

Chris

IT'S ARRIVED...YeeHaw.... :lol:
Well hows that for service, ordered Tuesday night circa 11.30pm by the time I pressed the button and was delivered today (Thurs - Northern Ireland) before noon.
Now I need to make a little bench for it and that wont happen until the weekend..so stand by for the unboxing then..lol....
The blades also arrived, 3 pkts of Pegas starter packs, various sizes....I cannot get over the slenderness of these things..I kinda knew they'd be small but not this small hahaha...need to be careful methinks as I might snap some actually fitting them hahahaha.

Stand by folks for the myriad of dumbo questions comming your way pretty soon....lol
Regards
C

Attachments

• Axminster Collage 1sml.jpg
    Axminster Collage 1sml.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,021
Back