Triton TRA001

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finally installed my router in table
still got a fence to make

if I lift up to lock that seems ok
but

when I lower it, it seems to do nothing initially and then just drops about 20mm
not a problem as such, but is this normal?

Steve

run a tiny piece of cloth soaked in machine oil up and down the shafts a couple times.

When it was out of the table and had the springs in was the plunge action smooth?

I had removed spring prior to anything else
it seems to move freely all the way through travel, just that initial drop
I will give it a spray of gt85 or equivalant
Steve

Hi Steve
I have just purchased the Triton MOF001 and like you have just installed it in a table. The design is the same as yours and I've had no problem with the 20mm drop you are experiencing. Don't know about you but the wind down/up ability is great.

I may be way off bat here, mine does the same but only when i compress the lock and raise or lower it using the large rotary handle, it locks into a position every 10mm i would say then i can fine adjustment up and down real smooth, is this what you mean?

bernienufc":3hn5az4d said:
I may be way off bat here, mine does the same but only when i compress the lock and raise or lower it using the large rotary handle, it locks into a position every 10mm i would say then i can fine adjustment up and down real smooth, is this what you mean?

that would be it

I never measured exact drop

by design then?

Steve

Yes that jump is normal when you use the rotary knob - its one of a couple criticisms I have of the triton. It shouldn't occur when you use the depth adjuster in table mode though, that should be smooth action all the way through. Make sure the button in the centre of the rotary knob isn't stuck?

Yes it does it by design and i only use it in the table so i find it very helpful as i raise and lower it a bit at a time and being able to release whilst getting another hold so to speak.

Back