Recommendation Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good alternative woodworking / Wood turning forum ?

A site where members input is appreciated and welcomed and is not clogged up with questionable rules

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions :)

Cor, someone yanked your chain.
After 11 years and 6437 posts (average 2 per day), NOW you decide you dont like the place?

The rules have not been changed. They are the same as they've been since at least the time I joined and the mods merely try and implement them. Sorry you feel aggrieved and take it personally but if anyone comes to your house they abide by your rules, same here.
I am not a member but maybe here is worth a look
http://thewoodhaven2.co.uk
but I suspect they have silly rules too.
respectfully
nev

marcros":1wjnae2o said:
dont you leave about twice a year anyway?

Once after the massive sh-- hits the fan night , I asked for my membership to be terminated , This was not done , I can't see a way of doing this myself , Maybe you can help ?

nev":276egsfj said:
The rules have not been changed. They are the same as they've been since at least the time I joined and the mods merely try and implement them. Sorry you feel aggrieved and take it personally but if anyone comes to your house they abide by your rules, same here.
I am not a member but maybe here is worth a look
http://thewoodhaven2.co.uk
but I suspect they have silly rules too.
respectfully
nev

A second recommendation , Thanks , I also see you agree on some things

Have you filled out the 'Flounce Announce Form A73b.4T'?

I suspect the Admin will need three copies, with reasons why you'll be back next week.

To be honest rules are rarely downright silly. As the author of the rules on another forum, they fall into broadly three categories.

1) To uphold the basic ethos of the forum
2) To remind members to respect the views and feelings of other members
3) To try and prevent situations arising that have caused trouble in the past

Being pulled up for breaking rules is frustrating sometimes but usually justified if the moderation is well executed.

Been there, done it and had my membership terminated. :lol:

Myfordman":2i1z0xbv said:
To be honest rules are rarely downright silly. As the author of the rules on another forum, they fall into broadly three categories.

1) To uphold the basic ethos of the forum
2) To remind members to respect the views and feelings of other members
3) To try and prevent situations arising that have caused trouble in the past

Being pulled up for breaking rules is frustrating sometimes but usually justified if the moderation is well executed.

Been there, done it and had my membership terminated. :lol:

I do think this website could do with an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
Timber

sunnybob":1fm80082 said:
Cor, someone yanked your chain.
After 11 years and 6437 posts (average 2 per day), NOW you decide you dont like the place?

No , I loved the place it was a huge part of my life , I put a lot into this forum , and now get ................ well what can I say

You won't know what went on as you are a newbe a mere 3 years

Come on Blister man! Don't be like that, it's just the rules.
I get posts deleted about once a month, some people don't get my witty, charming, polite demeanor and don't mention the devilish good looks :mrgreen:
It's all part of the fun.

I only joined the forum last year ,after working as a professional woodworker for many years I thought I had a lot to offer,but post a topic that is controversial,you are quickly made to feel like a pariah,I do not usually post or comment now,but I felt that I would like to support you.Personally I have come to realise that the forum is not much more than a mutual admiration society of people who think they are elite makers and like to tell everyone else.That is my final say on the forum and good luck to anyone who works with wood.I hope I haven't made any spelling mistakes,I did use spellcheck!

kevinlightfoot":290a8smn said:
I only joined the forum last year ,after working as a professional woodworker for many years I thought I had a lot to offer,but post a topic that is controversial,you are quickly made to feel like a pariah,I do not usually post or comment now,but I felt that I would like to support you.Personally I have come to realise that the forum is not much more than a mutual admiration society of people who think they are elite makers and like to tell everyone else.That is my final say on the forum and good luck to anyone who works with wood.I hope I haven't made any spelling mistakes,I did use spellcheck!

You should have been around in the "old days", there is nothing controversial now........ when was the last time a moderator was called a Nazi SS guard.............. or some were brave enough to post images up of them....

hqdefault.jpg

Those were the days.............

kevinlightfoot":1e1ob2ls said:

Have you considered maybe an evening class on punctuation?

Woodmonkey":2oenj99y said:
kevinlightfoot":2oenj99y said:

Have you considered maybe an evening class on punctuation?

Are you winding Kevin up :D ......I seem to remember Roger S made comments regarding punctuation in a previous thread, as alluded to above.

Kevin: Im sorry to hear you feel negatively about the forum as it benefits a great deal from those people like yourself with professional woodworking background.

Back