Posts being removed ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I made a positive comment regarding the Woodfast lathe thats for sale on this web site for two reasons

1 Reassuring anyone who had not owned a lathe of this quality

2 Helping the seller with a positive comment re the lathe

A moderator has removed my comments , Nice friendly site this is

I await a PM from the moderator ( Thats what normally happens )

Is it just me :?

Anyone have any comments :D

If you posted the comment in the for sale section -that'll be the the reason.

The rules are that the for sale section is to be kept free of posts not related to offers.

The recent for sale post by Scouse comes to mind

OK, I replied to your other post a bit tongue in cheek, but I'll give a more reasoned answer here.
Having been involved with several clubs at committee level, this happens often.
If you think someone has done something wrong, talk (email) the person involved, dont expect them to come to you.
Dont get on your high horse and involve the whole world.
That way if youre wrong no damage is done.
Complaining loud and long will always damage your reputation, even if youre right.

I hasten to add that I'm NOT involved in this personally

I understand that you are genuinely attempting to be helpful but ... you state your view, someone else states theirs and conversations and or disagreements follow, all of absolutely no use to the vendor, and the thread gets bloated with irrelevant information.

You know the rules ...

3- Relevant Posts Only.
If you have no genuine purchase interest in the item posted please just move on.
For instance, you would not supply comments or recommendations to local small adds, so please don’t bulk out FS threads with such posts.
If you feel a need to moan about the price or mention that the item comes free in a box of cornflakes do not do it here, go to http://www.grumpymoaners.co.uk
The marketplace will decide if the item offered has a realistic price.
If however you consider the post to be in breach of the rules then the Moderation Team would appreciate the use of the Report This Post facility. (Please do not post a thread entry; there is no guarantee that this will be seen)

Myfordman":23nkimmf said:
Helpful constructive comments are welcome in all sections of Thewoodhaven2
Maybe we will see you there Blister?

Sounds like poaching to me

Blister you are being headhunted :D

RobinBHM":26be9q42 said:
Myfordman":26be9q42 said:

Sounds like poaching to me

Blister you are being headhunted :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what you get for being on the naughty step Blister.

Personally, if I was interested in buying something in the for sale section I would also be interested in reading opinions on the quality or potential problems though I see the logic in that arguments could ensue so the need for rules to be applied.
It's up to us as adults to pick the bones out of it surely and opinions and "free speech" are of course what forums are all about

I'm disappointed that http://www.grumpymoaners.co.uk doesn't appear to exist. I so wanted to be part of that. [-o<

Bob

Myfordman":1z9ovrss said:

Thanks , I will come over and have look firstly at the rules to see if they benefit the forum and the members :wink:

Lons":3i6uwelv said:
Personally, if I was interested in buying something in the for sale section I would also be interested in reading opinions on the quality or potential problems
I think we all would, but the problem is you might post something for sale and someone responds with "I had one of these, it was a piece of utter carp", or "I got one like this on eBay last week for half that price". Allowing discussion of for sale items is a recipe for trouble IMO.

nev":ulo981pd said:
You know the rules ...

They came to be as they are because of Blister's own demands that comments should not be made on his for sale posts, and ensuing arguments.

Jake":c2qvj5s0 said:
nev":c2qvj5s0 said:
You know the rules ...

They came to be as they are because of Blister's own demands that comments should not be made on his for sale posts, and ensuing arguments.

:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
=D> =D> =D>

Jake":2i8g9xay said:
nev":2i8g9xay said:
You know the rules ...

You did not mention that I was accuse of being a dealer ( I WAS NEVER A DEALER ) and alway had full time employment , Get your facts in order " Please " :lol:

I think the rules are fair enough, you are allowed to sing the virtues of your favourite lathe under certain sections so I don't see a problem.

In the grand scheme of things one persons opinion doesn't and shouldn't carry that much weight.

I've had 2 second hand VW's that were lemons but 3 great 2nd hand Renaults.

Mr_P":1el2uc0s said:
I think the rules are fair enough, you are allowed to sing the virtues of your favourite lathe under certain sections so I don't see a problem.

In the grand scheme of things one persons opinion doesn't and shouldn't carry that much weight.

I've had 2 second hand VW's that were lemons but 3 great 2nd hand Renaults.

You are getting a bit confused there mr P. Neither vw nor Renault make lathes :roll: :wink:

Blister":3ei82me5 said:
Jake":3ei82me5 said:
nev":3ei82me5 said:
You know the rules ...

You did not mention that I was accuse of being a dealer ( I WAS NEVER A DEALER ) and alway had full time employment , Get your facts in order " Please " :lol:

The only point I was making is that there can be no question you know the rules.

Back