cutting formica

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
i have quite a few parts in my workshop to do
I can't get the router at a few parts so need a clean cut on 2 sides before its fitted
can I cut on ts or am I better clamping to mdf and using a router?
I strangely have a couple of ts blades that must have a couple of hundred teeth each
not a clue where they came from, but wondered if they are for this purpose
I am wary of the fact it could slip under fence so would use a false board to stop this

Steve

If you cut sheet material that has been laminated on both sides and use a standard Table Saw to cut the sheet, then you will almost certainly have some breakout/chipping on the underside side of the sheet (the side that faces the table saw top).

You can use a special saw blade for laminate cutting (triple chip) that will drastically reduce chipping on the underside of the sheet material but you may still have some. I would trim the edges using a router if I was you. Some people have a saw with a scribing blade which will give a clean cut to both sides but you still need to have blades in very good condition otherwise chipping can still occur on the underside of the cut.

Mark

Back