Latest Intarsia - Mischievous Pup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my latest intarsia piece. It is a Kathy Wise design - Lab Pup with Boot.

pup-with-boot.jpg

It's not my best work but the wife is happy with it so that's a bonus!

Phill

Attachments

• pup-with-boot.jpg
    pup-with-boot.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 913
That's fantastic !!! Reminds me of one of my favourite pics of my own dog pulling at the laces.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Phill
A fantastic piece of work btw.
May I be so bold as to ask a question about your work in relation to a project that I am doing at the moment.
I am presently mounting some triangles to representing a row of bunting and I have drilled the top corners in the hope that I would include some string/ribbon material to make it look a little more authentic......I am thinking that your laces on your intarsia project above would be done in a similar fashion so the question I am asking is how did you attach the laces in the loopholes (probably individual cuttings for the crossovers). what adhesive or otherwise did you employ or are they looped around the back of the piece in grooved channels.
Please advise.
Kind Regards
Colin

xiphidius":39lgydop said:
Hi Phill
A fantastic piece of work btw.
May I be so bold as to ask a question about your work in relation to a project that I am doing at the moment.
I am presently mounting some triangles to representing a row of bunting and I have drilled the top corners in the hope that I would include some string/ribbon material to make it look a little more authentic......I am thinking that your laces on your intarsia project above would be done in a similar fashion so the question I am asking is how did you attach the laces in the loopholes (probably individual cuttings for the crossovers). what adhesive or otherwise did you employ or are they looped around the back of the piece in grooved channels.
Please advise.
Kind Regards
Colin
Hello Colin,

The lace is cut into separate pieces and then the ends poked into the appropriate holes. As for fixing, I had intended to dab a bit of ordinary wood glue into each hole before pushing the lace ends in but in the end decided that as the piece was just going to hang on the wall I could probably get away without gluing them, that way I ever decided it needed another polish I could remove them and refit them after polishing, so that's what I did.

If I were selling the piece (which I still may end up doing) then I would glue them in place.

Regards

Phill

Thanks Phill
I was maybe thinking in investing in a little Bosch glue gun from Screwfix at some point in the future but was looking at other ways of doing this here and now.

Thanks again for your prompt reply, I'll let you get on with your polish and dusting lol

Back