Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By jimmy_s
We moved house and I lost out on workshop space - the new workshop is the garage I can hardly move for stuff. I need to build a new workshop but there's so much to be done on the house I can't get to it. Despite all that I came across a morso guillotine in a skip on one the the sites I'm working on a few weeks ago. I couldn't find the arm off it but Couldn't let it get scapped so I went in after it and rescued it. Its now in my garage taking up the little bit of space I have left. I don't really have a use for it but felt it was a crime just to let it go to the dump.
By Lons
jimmy_s wrote:We moved house and I lost out on workshop space - the new workshop is the garage I can hardly move for stuff. I need to build a new workshop but there's so much to be done on the house I can't get to it. Despite all that I came across a morso guillotine in a skip on one the the sites I'm working on a few weeks ago. I couldn't find the arm off it but Couldn't let it get scapped so I went in after it and rescued it. Its now in my garage taking up the little bit of space I have left. I don't really have a use for it but felt it was a crime just to let it go to the dump.

A man after my own heart. =D>
By Jonathan S
Looking good Mike, and some interesting design's.....looking forward to the staircase build....a few years back, before I discovered forums I made my first cut string staircase....took a lot of head scratching and looking at old books.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
By Trevanion
MikeG. wrote:This involved hours and hours of sorting out screws and so on. "Do I chuck out these 2-1/2" black Japanned done-headed slotted screws I haven't used in 25 years?".............

As soon as you chuck them out someone will come in the next week asking, "Have you got any screws like these?" #-o
By MikeG.
Trevanion wrote:
MikeG. wrote:This involved hours and hours of sorting out screws and so on. "Do I chuck out these 2-1/2" black Japanned done-headed slotted screws I haven't used in 25 years?".............

As soon as you chuck them out someone will come in the next week asking, "Have you got any screws like these?" #-o

Yep. Always happens. I chucked out most, but not all, of those sorts of screws, keeping a dozen or so of each in a mixed drawer of assorted odds 'n ends. So unless the need is for dozens, I shouldn't have jinxed myself too much.
By Stanleymonkey
sammy.se wrote:Thanks for taking us on the journey!

Definitely - I guess a lot of hours have been spent staring at that wall thinking 'what if?' Like the way it all works together. Shelf under the screw sorters is for your cup of tea I reckon!
By MikeG.
Stanleymonkey wrote:....... Shelf under the screw sorters is for your cup of tea I reckon!

It is. And for my big box of tissues (damn this cold!). I did think of putting a double socket there for battery chargers, but I'd rather keep it uncluttered because that is deliberately designed to be a place for the ends of long boards on the bench.