Title Absolute?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hesitated to give layman's terms because I am a layman! :D
Far as I understand it no one else has legal holding over your property or rights to it and there is no dispute to it.
It's going to mean nowt if the Government enacts compulsory purchase because you are on the HS2 line or a new airport but in all normal situations it's the best guarantee you have .
Far as I understand it.
I've been watching Better Call Saul lately on netflix so I'm pretty much a real lawyer these days as well and in addendum to article 14a of the presupposition that I'm just a window cleaner so all parties should abide by common sense in not paying strict attention in the foremost to my (or not my) respective advice on property lawand therefore abideth nor abideth by it (or not it) forthwith it whatsoevereth.

Is that any clearer?
:|

What with you not being as old as some others ( 8) ) you might not realise why legal documents are unreadable by the vast majority.
In olden days when only lawyers and scribes could write, they all charged PER WORD for their time. :shock: Which was the start of the legal profession being richer even than window cleaners :roll: :lol:
There is no logical defence of the written terms today.

Title absolute is the best form of title that you can have. In layman's terms it means that there is confirmed "good" title to the land. Good title means that it is traceable back so that the person from whom you are buying has the right to sell it.

There is more to it than this, but in the simplest of terms that is it. You would still need to check what rights other people may have over the land, for example rights of way, covernments and easements.

To be sold, the land must be on the digital land registry, or if it is not the seller will have to register it. This makes tracing back the prior ownership much easier.

Back