Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Oddaccent
Hi all. A bit of advice would be appreciated.

I bought a Triton TPT 125 Thicknesser last year, but recently have been given a JET JWP-12. I don't need both and I'm wondering which one to sell on. The JET is probably 10+ years old and the Triton is new. The JET has an 1800w motor, what look like better infeed/outfeed tables and the Triton has an 1100w motor, fiddly tables but it's new. I'm mostly planing aged hardwood boards.

I'd be much obliged for your thoughts.
By Mark Karacsonyi
Having owned both, keep the jet. The downfall to the triton are the blades. Unless you can sharpen them, oak makes a meal of them. Not to say that does not happen on the Jet. The blades on the jet last longer. Also the older model, may need the bushes checked, which is no big deal.
By Oddaccent
Mark Karacsonyi wrote:Having owned both, keep the jet. The downfall to the triton are the blades. Unless you can sharpen them, oak makes a meal of them. Not to say that does not happen on the Jet. The blades on the jet last longer. Also the older model, may need the bushes checked, which is no big deal.

Hi Mark. Thanks for that. How do I check the bushes?
By Oddaccent
Well (unsurprisingly) the JET wins. Although there is one design fault, which is that the extractor fitting points directly backwards over the outfeed table. Might need to get a 45 degree adapter to get the hose out of the way of the wood. Otherwise - very happy. Thanks for all your advice.