The Water Diviner.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy spotting continuity errors and historical inaccuracies when watching television, partly because it annoys my wife who doesn't like interruptions to her viewing.
Whilst watching The Water Diviner on Sunday evening, which is set right at the end of the first World War, I spotted somebody sawing up a piece of very clean 3" x 2" timber which had the red grading stamp on its end. Did this marking system exist at that time?

whiskywill":156r4na0 said:
I really enjoy spotting continuity errors and historical inaccuracies when watching television, partly because it annoys my wife who doesn't like interruptions to her viewing.
Whilst watching The Water Diviner on Sunday evening, which is set right at the end of the first World War, I spotted somebody sawing up a piece of very clean 3" x 2" timber which had the red grading stamp on its end. Did this marking system exist at that time?

If it's on TV then it must be true !!!

whiskywill":k36664lq said:
I don't know but it's quite likely. We've been importing redwood from N Europe and Russia since the middle ages and it was graded from a long way back. A system would have been in place. You'd expect the details to have changed perhaps.

Back