Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Steve Maskery
Land's End are pretty good, but I think they are not as good as they use to be, my guess is that they have reduced the thread count to save money.. And they are now even more expensive than they always have been. But they are still the best I have found. I might try Fruit of the Loom, they have a good reputation, I believe.
By mock
I like these although i don't play golf i find them very comfy PING
eBay item number:273005555669 just for reference
Alan
By bourbon
Lidl or Aldi for me. Not a lot of colour choice but ok for the money
By MikeK
Steve Maskery wrote:Land's End are pretty good, but I think they are not as good as they use to be, my guess is that they have reduced the thread count to save money.. And they are now even more expensive than they always have been. But they are still the best I have found. I might try Fruit of the Loom, they have a good reputation, I believe.

I buy my pocket pullover short sleeve shirts from L.L.Bean. I thought their T-shirts would be great as well, but they weren't. I bought a couple of the short sleeve pocket T-shirts to wear around the house so I could keep my reading glasses handy. The shirts are durable and well made, but the treatment used for the material makes them water repellent, which is bad when I'm working outside and start sweating. I might as well be wearing a plastic bag with arm holes.

I bought similar shirts from Lands' End and couldn't be happier. They are just as durable as the L.L.Bean shirt but absorb liquids as I expect a cotton blend shirt should.

I tried other brands, but couldn't find consistency in the sizes. I wear XXL in L.L.Bean and Lands' End, but the sizes that fit from other brands are all over the place. It's Lands' End for my T-Shirts, and L.L.Bean for everything else.
By TFrench
Saltrock tshirts are very good and pretty cheap. Levi's for jeans. Once you know what size you need you never need set foot a shop again.
By transatlantic
TFrench wrote:Once you know what size you need you never need set foot a shop again.

I have not found that to be the case!
By Droogs
transatlantic wrote:
TFrench wrote:Once you know what size you need you never need set foot a shop again.

I have not found that to be the case!

Stop eating all the pies then Transatlantic :P

But I now what you mean, I seem to go up a size every few years :(
By Yetty
+1 Fruit of The Loom

OP: I was reccommended their T-Shirts a couple of years ago for similar reasons, e.g. decent material weight. Tried one, then bought about 10 (one of each colour available). Great price for the quality. They seem hard wearing and still look good now, haven't noticed the colour or shape change much. I'm surprised that more people don't know about them.
By transatlantic
Yetty wrote:+1 Fruit of The Loom

OP: I was reccommended their T-Shirts a couple of years ago for similar reasons, e.g. decent material weight. Tried one, then bought about 10 (one of each colour available). Great price for the quality. They seem hard wearing and still look good now, haven't noticed the colour or shape change much. I'm surprised that more people don't know about them.

Thanks. They seem ridiculously cheap though? cheaper than the ones I'm complaining about!? :p

I will order a few though and see how it goes :)
By Steve Maskery
This thread prompted me to order some new T's, as many of mine are very sorry indeed. So I ordered 5 from Fruit of the Loom and they arrived today. Not worn them yet, let alone washed them, but on first sight, pretty good. Maybe not as good as Lands End used to be, but as good as they are now, that's my first impression. And a fraction of the price. So thanks for the heads up.
S
By Stanleymonkey
I freaked out trying out some clothes recently - evertyhing so tight and skinny - just felt horrific. Couldn't wait to get out of the shop
By gaz44uk
It might be for the oldies and not my cup of tea but M&S do some good stuff bought a nice suit from there today as I have a do tomorrow, might be worth a look.
By Lonsdale73
[quote="Mark A"]I'm having the same trouble with trousers. The current trend for skinny everything trouser-related may be fine for blokes with weedy legs, but otherwise they look slightly ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk[/quot

Suitable only for the prepubecent or androgynous.