Sunny bob is going to laugh at this!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
Earlier in the week I gave up trying a PVA glue up on some oak boards as it was gripping too fast and I was mucking up the assembly.

Now I have found my favourite wooden handled claw hammer has developed a loose head. Hopefully a long drink of linseed oil will cure it.

Talking of linseed oil, I was using some a few days ago and left the oily rag outside on concrete slabs, next morning it was half way down the garden, I have problems with badgers so am guessing one took a fancy to it but then changed its mind.

I dont understand how I didnt see this post with my name in the title for two days, seeing as i check the forum sometimes as much as 6 times a day (depends how bored I am).

I'm glad youre having temps high enough to duplicate what I found. 8) 8)

I'm searching for one of those mini fridges to put in the workshop to store glue and varnish in. My latest bandsaw box needed finishing, and the wipe on poly just would not spread (38c, drying as I wiped), so I put the varnish in the wine fridge (stinks too much to be allowed in the food fridge) and the box in the air conned bedroom overnight. with the bear at 25c and the poly and white spirit at 10c, it went on smooth as a coat of water and shines wonderfully.

I have a selection of wooden handled hammers from my dads tools. From a 2 lb ball pein to a hickory handled toffee hammer. He died 40 years ago and they must be at least 60 years old, maybe as much as a 100, but they are all wedged and none of them have ever shown signs of loosening, not even after 10 years out here.
My claw hammer is one of those yellow resin and black rubber handled things. I've had that at least 30 years now and it has been abused to amazing levels and looks almost like new.

The "spontaneous combustion" of rags... I just dont have that problem. maybe its because I only use small squares of rags for the wipe on, usually only 3" square, but when i finish I just screw them up and put them in the workshop dustbin

Latest posts

Back