Su users. Reprise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Since my previous thread got a bit off topic, which is turning out to be quite fun, I thought I'd start a new one for this. Here is an overview of the SketchUp model showing how I placed the "lights" and the second is a slightly revised version of the render.

I drew legs below the free standing lights to give you an idea of where they are relative to the wall. The left light is also tilted down a wee bit. The veiw is set for a wide angle lens which does create a bit of distortion.

wallcaboverview.jpg

wallcab.jpg

Thanks for this Dave. If ever you feel like writing a start to finish tutorial on this, I for on would be very interested! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Alan

sxlalan":pz1lvjfe said:
Thanks for this Dave. If ever you feel like writing a start to finish tutorial on this, I for on would be very interested! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Alan

Me too ;)

You have inspired me, I have Sketch up installed today and ready to go :)

Both :D

For me Sketchup would be a good start. As I said I'm new to it today.

I think there are some video tutorials on the website?, but it would be great to be able to ask questions a clarify things for a tutorial written by somebody who can answer.

Thank you

Steve :)

Dave, to be boring, the 'importing' of the renderer's lights is the bit I'd welcome a walk through of: it's the one thing missing in sketchup... Great thread to have started.

Shady, thanks.I'm just drinking a quick cup of coffee before I head to work. If it is quiet today, I'll work on the lights in SU to Kerkythea.

Does anyone need more basic SketchUp stuff?

I'm sorry for the delay in this stuff. I got up as early as I could. Maybe the Earth could have just one time zone. If that happened, I could sleep until almost noon! :D

Edited to correct Shady's name (see what starting before the coffee has started work does? ;) ) and to add that SU issued a new maintenance release of SketchUp last night while most of you folks should have been snoring. Click on this link to take you to the page where you can download it. http://www.sketchup.com/?section=support

Thanks Dave

Steve - did you have to download the US version? it looks like the release for Europe is of an earlier prog.

Cheers

Tim

Back