Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Shultzy
A user has alerted me to this message when he clicks on [workshop] in my signature. Any ideas as it has no connection or meaning to me.

"If I click on your shed build link I am prompted for a username and password ...

http://www.mikesaville.co.uk is requesting your username and password. WARNING: Your password will not be sent to the web site you are currently visiting!"
By Flynnwood
I can confirm that the user is correct. I suggest you contact your web hosting company.

I receive the following message after closing the login request:

Unauthorized

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 401 Unauthorized error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
By MikeK
After looking at the source code for the page, the problem is Mike Saville's avatar, not your website. Apparently, he hosted his avatar from his website and anytime UKW tries to fetch it, the login screen appears. If you go to any of Mike Saville's posts, or even his profile, you will see the same login request.

Since he has not visited the site since 2013, it would be nice if a Moderator could delete the avatar from his profile, or at least remove his post from your thread.
By Shultzy
I do not have a website!! When hovering over [workshop] link the UkWorkshop address shows. I've never changed the links since I created them and all the other links are ok.
By MikeK
Shultzy wrote:I do not have a website!! When hovering over [workshop] link the UkWorkshop address shows. I've never changed the links since I created them and all the other links are ok.

Yes, it's not you and I meant to write "thread" instead of "website". It's Mike Saville's profile avatar in that thread that is causing the problem. This requires an Admin or Moderator to fix.
By nev
I have deleted Mike S avatar and it does seem to have removed the issue. Thank you MikeK for investigating source code may as well be written in Klingon as far as I'm concerned.
By CHJ
It's not only Mike Saville's avatar that is causing problems, any of his posts in threads where he has linked to images on his server space cause the browser to lock up awaiting authentication.

The domain is valid until mid 2018

Will try and see if there is any way to easily deactivate the link details from threads but it could be difficult.
By CHJ
If anybody using Edge or Explorer is getting locked browsers because of Mikes Domain links.

Try using Chrome on those threads, it ignores the request and just blanks the image.

I think I have sorted one thread, it removes the image display rquest but it could take some time to work through all 99 posts by Mike to check and edit.

playroom-toy-storage-the-build-wip-t38793.html
By CHJ
MrTeroo wrote:Can't you contact Mike Saville and ask him if he would be willing to change the permissions on his images folder?

http://www.mikesaville.co.uk/images

Attempts are being made.