Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Ttrees
Hello Ozark
Make sure you enter these parameters in the sequence I stated.
Well the parameter reset one first.
PD 03, 04 and 05 may need to be entered backwards.ie PD 05,04,03
DON'T RUN THESE WITHOUT MOTOR HOOKED UP
If you had run your motor it would have chooched at 400HZ !!!
Our motors in Europe run on 50Hz, which refers to the speed of the motor.
America is on 60Hz

The reason why you should have your motor hooked up before use, is it can cause a component failure
I know this to be the case if you disconnect the motor while in use.
It is policy that you don't have a way of disconnecting the motor to the VFD.

Also the plug is not an emergency stop switch or off switch, this will cause failure.

I hope its obvious that terminal 9 is for the earth, for both the motor and the 240v input.
There is other embossing elsewhere that is false , this has been confirmed multiple times.

Check the motor for heat, and check your 240v line to the wall also.
Tom
By Ttrees
Hello again
Just thinking a bit more on the subject, I realised I could have mentioned a bit more...

You have not mentioned anything about a cabinet or cover for dust protection.
It's probably possible that you will short circuit the device, if dust was to join the phases or other components.
If you have not used a tablesaw before, You might be surprised the amount of dust it produces.
I have cheap overalls for the job and my back is absolutely covered in dust.

If you do have the VFD mounted far away from the saw, you could also use armored cable from the VFD to the motor.
It is said to cause less noise and interference along with being safer.

It may also have effect on the temperature of the motor ????

If you choose to do this, you need an earth point, as the armored cable strands needs to be bunched up and connected to the earth within, so in essence you have a cable with two earths.

I think this is more for lower speed motors like lathes and such, as the motor will get hot if its not running fast enough for the fan to draw air in to cool it.
I believe the VFD makes more noise at lower speeds also, so this is another reason the armored cable is recommended .
Although its probably recommended full stop.
Tom
By Ttrees
Hello Kinsella
Nice job, you look like the type of person that looks like you do things right.

Does the fence keep needing to be tightened on your machine ?
Beware of that Ozark !
I have taken mine apart, but no change.
I have a screwdriver for the job close by.

Does the blade go out of alignment when you tilt it to 45 ?

Thanks
Tom
By kinsella
Ttrees wrote:Hello Kinsella
Nice job, you look like the type of person that looks like you do things right.

Does the fence keep needing to be tightened on your machine ?
Beware of that Ozark !
I have taken mine apart, but no change.
I have a screwdriver for the job close by.

Does the blade go out of alignment when you tilt it to 45 ?

Thanks
Tom

No, its the original fence and I've never had any problems with it. I've also never noticed any issues when at 45, which seems to suggest i don't have any.
By Ozark
Hi Kinsella,

It was your thread and video that brought me to this site in the first place. So thanks for that. I've read your account about 20 or 30 times now so I almost know it off by heart. :)

Tom, thanks for all your help. You've been great. I've operated a table saw before so I do know about the mountains of material it generates.

I'm about to hit the start button. Wish me luck.
By Ttrees
Regular thread,
Give the flanges that grip the blade a lapping with a light touch for about a total of about 10 seconds, rotating often with 400 wet and dry on a surface plate to knock any corrosion.
These are only meant to be contacting the blade on the outer edges of them.

Does anyone else have a lot of damage to the adjustment slot in the fence claw ?
By Myfordman
Ttrees wrote:Regular thread,
Give the flanges that grip the blade a lapping with a light touch for about a total of about 10 seconds, rotating often with 400 wet and dry on a surface plate to knock any corrosion.
These are only meant to be contacting the blade on the outer edges of them.

Does anyone else have a lot of damage to the adjustment slot in the fence claw ?

Are you sure?? Most tablesaws have LH thread on the blade arbour.
By kinsella
Ozark wrote:Hi Kinsella,

It was your thread and video that brought me to this site in the first place. So thanks for that. I've read your account about 20 or 30 times now so I almost know it off by heart. :)

Tom, thanks for all your help. You've been great. I've operated a table saw before so I do know about the mountains of material it generates.

I'm about to hit the start button. Wish me luck.

Ozark
That's really good to hear, i'm glad people are finding it useful. Thanks for saying and i'm glad you have it working.