Spur shelving

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend somewhere to get some spur shelving. I see screwfix and toolstation do it , is their twin slot stuff any good ?

The original 'Spur' is now called 'Newtech' shelving. In my opinion the best carrier around. Should be avialable from builders merchants, architectiural ironmongers. Best wishes.

I used Mercers and Sons to buy a load for my garage - very keenly priced, and customer service was excellent, with God's email communication and very quick delivery. Recommend!

Ironmongerydirect does 'elfa' twin slot shelving system - good price, good quality, used it a few times.

HTH Pete

Cheers Peter, I spotted that stuff. Nice to hear from someone who's used that brand.

I got a load from spurshelving.co.uk a couple of years back. Good delivery. Good quality. Very pleased with it. By comparison, I've tried stuff from all the DIY sheds over the years. I've used Screwfix and Elfa brackets on it no problem. In my experience, I've found brackets are interchangeable with other brands of uprights; but the vertical spacing of the slots are slightly different from one brand to another, so you cannot mix brands of uprights in the same shelving run.

apreston":1eqv4d69 said:
In my experience, I've found brackets are interchangeable with other brands of uprights; but the vertical spacing of the slots are slightly different from one brand to another, so you cannot mix brands of uprights in the same shelving run.
That's really useful to know, many thanks!

Pete

Err, try before you buy if your mixing and matching. I have two different brands of this type of shelving to put up in the garage/workshop/fortress of solitude. One bracket will fit both types of upright, the other bracket wont fit both with out modification.

Perhaps the great shelf bracket unification of 2012 happened after all :D

Will definitely use ironmongery direct again. Ordered yesterday and it's just turned up at 9.15 next day. Very well packaged and these elfa brackets look very well made .

Cheers Pete

No worries - glad it worked out OK. Always been very happy with ironmongery direct - they used to stock genuine Spur, but switched to Elfa for whatever reason; used them on a couple of jobs and have had no issues.
Cheers, Pete

I use the stuff from ironmongery direct in my "spray booth".
It's the cheapest I found, and I think pretty good quality.
I also have a few genuine Spur brackets but they don't fit on the ironmongery direct uprights, unless you grind a little lug off.

I use ironmongery direct quite a lot nowadays. The next day delivery cut off time is 8pm which is great as I can order stuff for the following day after I get back from work.

Yeah that 8pm cut off is good, shame I didn't spot that I could've ordered the day before.

Can I jump on to this conversation thread.

I am a Sales Manager for SPUR Shelving and can confirm that Screwfix etc are not compatible with our system.

Also, as one person stated ''Newtech is now SPUR'' - this is an absolute lie.

SPUR is still manufactured at our site in Devon on the same tooling as when we were first founded in 1952.

Please visit our website below for GENUINE SPUR

spurshelving co uk

Yeah, I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add my 2p worth!

Luke is right, Newtech ISN'T SPUR, although their stuff and the Sapphire system (what Newtech turned into) is compatible with the Spur system.

I have to say that over numerous projects I have used genuine Spur and other solutions including the Newtech one and Sapphire, and I have to say that the Sapphire system performs very well indeed and has something they call Shelf-Lok that ensures that the brackets can't accidentally come out of the uprights.

But the ultimate choice of which system you use is yours :)

Back