Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Charley, CHJ, Noel

By Paul Chapman
See, the number is growing already :D :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul
By DaveL
Just to be awkward, I would like some sets of imperial bushes. :roll:
By Paul Chapman
DaveL wrote:Just to be awkward, I would like some sets of imperial bushes. :roll:

Nothing awkward about imperial, Dave, it's metric I get in a mess with :lol:

Cheers

Paul
By Marmaduke
If anyone comes across this thread in 2019 (like me) looking for longer steel 3/8" rods for the Record 148 then they can be had for GBP 21.58 delivered for 78 inches online at Cromwell . co . uk . Sorry I do not have permission to post URLs otherwise I would link direct to the item.
I hope it helps someone! I am very excited to begin using this jig.
By ED65
Thirteen years man.Thirteen!
With apologies to Jeremy Piven.

But still, useful addition. Did you price rod including delivery from any other vendors? I found one that seems like it would be much cheaper, and for longer lengths (3m+, over 120"), but couldn't get the price inc. VAT and P&P.
By Bedrock
As a result of this thread, I picked up a 148 today for £8. I am not sure what the full original kit included - this one only has guides which are 1/4" diameter. Intrigued by the method of locking one of the stops onto the guide rod with a couple of opposed convex leaf springs, driven by a screw through the centre of both.
Haven't had the chance of trying it out yet, but it seems to lock the guide pretty well.
I would be grateful if anyone has a list of what the original kit included.
By AndyT
Bedrock wrote:As a result of this thread, I picked up a 148 today for £8. I am not sure what the full original kit included - this one only has guides which are 1/4" diameter. Intrigued by the method of locking one of the stops onto the guide rod with a couple of opposed convex leaf springs, driven by a screw through the centre of both.
Haven't had the chance of trying it out yet, but it seems to lock the guide pretty well.
I would be grateful if anyone has a list of what the original kit included.

There's a pretty comprehensive diagram in this other recently revived thread

record-148-dowel-jig-t100310.html
By swb58
DaveL wrote:Just to be awkward, I would like some sets of imperial bushes. :roll:

I think I've got some duplicate imperial bush sets, will have a look.

On the subject of rods - they are the same diameter as the rods on the the 044 plane. . . .