Sorby Pro-Edge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noho12C":hrecodtm said:
I think I will get one ProEdge :)
If you want to save yourself some of the 'Accessories' Costs then most are easy to make up yourself, for Plane Blades the 90deg. guide is the most essential, it's very unlikely that the platen behind the belt is exactly true to the tool rest so you will need to adjust the side guide/stop to suit before final fixing.

My machine and the Bits and pieces of Home Made accessories.

And of course there is the little exercise in Where to put the 'in-use' Belts

CHJ":32pn9k5z said:
Noho12C":32pn9k5z said:
If you want to save yourself some of the 'Accessories' Costs then most are easy to make up yourself, for Plane Blades the 90deg. guide is the most essential, it's very unlikely that the platen behind the belt is exactly true to the tool rest so you will need to adjust the side guide/stop to suit before final fixing.
[/url]

I'm not doing any turning, so the only thing i would need for now is the 90 deg. I think I will order it with the machine, and I should be good to go for some time. :)

Noho12C":3o00nwmm said:
CHJ":3o00nwmm said:
Noho12C":3o00nwmm said:
[/url]

I'm not doing any turning, so the only thing i would need for now is the 90 deg. I think I will order it with the machine, and I should be good to go for some time. :)
It comes with a tool rest set at various useful angles. You don't need accessories, for turning or anything else - they are just for gullible beginners with more cash than sense. For 90º just hold the damn thing at 90º don't be a wimp! :lol:

Back