Small woodturning chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loftyhermes said:
You could start here, the RP2000, it's only 62mm in dia. http://www.recordpower.co.uk/category/c ... ws--spares[/quote

Cheers Lofty...

I have just found a 50mm chuck with a 1Mt arbor by RDG tools at £52.00.This is the ideal size I am looking for. I do like Records chucks mind you.

Will still research before I make a decision. Any further advice would still be appreciated.

Regards

I don't know what lathe you've got but the normal method for mounting a chuck on a lathe is on a screw thread, not on a morse taper, esp a MT1. Record are usually 3/4" 16tpi, which pretty well any chuck will fit with the correct insert
Duncan

Arnold9801":lvrr2zxz said:
…..
I have just found a 50mm chuck with a 1Mt arbor by RDG tools at £52.00.....
Remember that any Morse Taper mounted chuck used in a Lathe Headstock needs retaining with a drawbar if you are not to stand the risk of it coming adrift whilst spinning.

If this occurs and you are lucky it just stops and drops out, the alternate is that centrifugal forces cause it to spin in ever increasing diameter circles until it crashes into the tool rest or flies off at a tangent.

Latest posts

Back