SIP table saw problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
hi folks hoping some can offer some advice

we recently had a problem with the worm screw that adjusts the height of the blade and it had to be replaced. ever since then we have had a problem with the blade pulling out of square

when you raise the blade everything is fine until it gets a bout 2 1/2 to 3 inches above the table then the blade starts to pull out of square by about 4 mm

could this be something to so with the height adjustment stop on the worm wheel is the blade rising to high and being pulled out of square ?

if so how do i adjust it is it something to do with the 2 lock screws in the last picture

SAM_1468.jpg

blade square

SAM_1469.jpg

blade 5 mm out of square

SAM_1462.jpg

worm screw

cheers folks

When you say out of square? Do you mean that when the blade is raised it is not at 90 degrees to the table?
If so and you have the manual? I i would see if it shows how to adjust the 90/ 45 degree stops on the saw. Try those and see if it helps.

On my axi ts200 there is a bolt underneath that acts as a positive 90 degree stop against the underside of the main top. Then that collar on the bottom left of you pic is the 45 degree stop. You just undo the little grub screws and move it back/forth to get 45 degrees and re- tighten the grub screws.

very sorry i think what i should have said is the blade is being pulled out of parallel as you can see in pic the front and back of the blade are about 9mm away from the edge of the blade slot.

however in pic 2 the front of the blade is about 5mm away and the back of the blade is still 9mm away from the edge of the saw slot meaning the blade is no longer at 90 degrees to the front of the table saw guide.

As a result the cut width is about 8mm rather than the normal 3mm for the thickness of the blade.

Ahh i see. Well tbh i would get who ever replaced the worm screw to sort it out as they have done some thing during the replacement process. Unless of course you changed it yourself?

PS Unless Dodge see's this thread, maybe pm him and ask his advice. He did state in another thread he has this saw and has set many of them up for others. So may be able to offer specific advice. :)

Back