SIP 12"/ 10" table saw rebuild problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albatros

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post and I think I have posted this is the most approriate place but if not I apologise!

I have recently bought a 2nd had Sip 12" table saw (01446) which was in a bit of a sorry state so I have stripped it down, cleaned off the rust and I'm currently rebuilding it. I thought I was keeping track of how to reassemble it but I am stumped with the blade height adjustment mechanism. Specifically I'm having difficulty installing the worm wheel cog that operates the connecting rod which raises and lowers the cast iron platform the motor etc sits on. As far as I can make out I have tried all the possible orientations but I can't set it up so that the 2 adjustable bolts acting as stops correctly prevent the blade being raised too high, or lowered too low. I hope that makes sense to anyone with the same machine!

I think that the 10" saw (01332) and the equivalent saws by iTech probably have the same mechanism so if there is anyone out there who can look at their saw and send me pictures or video I will be eternally grateful!!

Back