Sicar machines?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattty

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been offered a couple of lovely looking Sicar brand machines at a bargain price. They look industrial size and quality.

My question- Has anyone ever used this brand and what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Matty,

You might want to post this in the other place as quite a few Pro's hang out there and might be able to help you.

Bob

Hi matty. We use a Sicar Dim saw at work and I have to say it's the mutts nuts. We also have a sicar spindle moulder and again, the quality is excellent. My only gripe with the saw is that when you want to set the blade to 45 degrees, you have to crank it to 45.6 degrees on the readout. A small gripe, probably just a mis alignment of the counter.
What have you been offered?

We brought a brand new Sicar drum drum sander (industrial size) in 2007, just before christmas it got disconnected from the power, and after christmas got rid of it for a better machine.

The sicar drum sander was rubbish. The machine never got completed back at the factory it was made, in my opinion! Rubbish.

RILEY":bh4dv2eg said:
Hi matty. We use a Sicar Dim saw at work and I have to say it's the mutts nuts. We also have a sicar spindle moulder and again, the quality is excellent. My only gripe with the saw is that when you want to set the blade to 45 degrees, you have to crank it to 45.6 degrees on the readout. A small gripe, probably just a mis alignment of the counter.
What have you been offered?

I've been offered the 500mm wide planer thicknesser and the 3200 dim saw. The planer is beautiful with lovely long cat beds, and the dim saw looks great probably to big for my shop though... :shock:

Thanks for all your replies guys.

Back