Shelf drilling jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope.... :-(
But then I ordered Friday lunchtime, and that may not get actioned until yesterday AM, and it is being shipped from Germany.

Just had a notification that it will be shipped today, ordered Friday morning so not actioned until today, that has take five days to just get too shipping, last time I will use that company.

Mike

Just checked my PayPal account they took the payment on 23rd March, still not sign of it or an update on delivery, I wonder if we have been scammed, good job I paid by PayPal if we have.

Mike

The shipping confirmation email has a link to track the order.
Looks like mine is still in Dortmund Germany on Thursday.
Germany, I believe, has similar bank holidays to us, so I don't think its going anywhere until Tuesday now.
Yes, it's a little slow. But there are no guaranteed shipping times that I found on their website, and its only 8 days ago, so i doubt that's grounds for complaint so far.

Have to disagree on that, they took the monies on the 23rd and did not dispatch until the 28th no excuse for that, if Amazon can do it whey can't others, now if you really don't mind slow deliveries order something in France for delivery in France, lucky if you get it within two weeks, unless of course its Nespresso or Amazon.uk, not Amazon.fr who take the normal french attitude to customer service. :roll:

Mike

We are so used to something taking 2 days that when it doesnt happen it seems like we have been failed.
I agree it's not top notch service, but then again we couldn't find the product for this price in the UK. Also 8 days (4 of which are not working days) is not going to be reasonable to lodge a complaint or refund etc from paypal yet.
Would I order form them again? Unlikely because I'd buy in the UK if I could find what I want, and yes they aren't the fastest.
I guess I'm just being laid back about the product I ordered which does seem to be on its way rather than allowing the situation to stress me...

I am not stressed about it, just disappointed that the often mooted German efficiency does not apply to this company, It has taken six days to get to GLS the courier in Germany and its still there according to the tracking information, it is very disappointing to get what I consider to be bad service.

Mike

I've never put any store by national stereotypes. Anyone can make a good product, anyone can offer bad service, where they are born / work makes very little difference.
And yes I agree, they haven't acted like Amazon Prime. And yes they pretty much *could* do better.

Wanna bet on who's arrives first? Might at least make the next few days a trifle less frustrating? Loser has to start a sharpening thread and disagree to every single reply :)

Mine arrived 9am this morning ... not used it yet, but feels reasonable in the hand... not flimsy. :)

Mine also arrived this morning, haven't unpack't it yet so can't cast judgement on its use or suitability.

Must have sent them at the same time one assumes.

Mike

Not at the moment, but I have a series of cupboards to make for my OH work room and will be using the jig shortly, once I have used it I will post my findings, but on first look its pretty much what it says on the time, I especially like the self centring drill bit.

Mike

Back