Shed roof help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philc71

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm building my own shed atm and I'm coming up to doing the roof. What I'm planning to do is to use man made slate like tiles. My question is flashing, do I need it? What should I use lead/aluminium and does anyone have a good link re doing this?

Thx

Difficult to say without knowing where you want to use it. I have been using Flashband a lot recently which is self adhesive and easy for straight runs
Brian

A photo or sketch is going to help on this one. It sounds like your shed is attached to another building, but we're a bit in the dark otherwise.

I'll try and do a sketch later, but for simplicity it's a standard standalone shed apex roof, OSB over the rafters, permavent breathable membrane then then eco tiles. Does that help? :)

No, it doesn't. It confuses the matter. There is nothing in that description that requires a flashing. Looking forward to the sketch.

Flashing is the material used to seal difficult roof areas such as vallyeys or abutments to walls, where overlapping slates (or other roofing materials) cannot provide a watertight defence. Traditionally sheet lead.

The only place i can imagine you think you need flashing on the roof you describe is the Apex - but here you should be using ridge tiles that span the apex.

Are you using the term 'flashing' correctly?

Back