Scroll Saw Book

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerranOak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to buy a scroll saw book for a woodworker who is new to scroll saws but an accomplished turner and therefore not a total "woodworking beginner".

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Scroll saw for the first time by dirk boelman pretty good basic book I used it's usually on amazon
Martyn MJOriginals

Martyn, it's not too clear to me if you want a book of patterns, or more a book talking about the various types of machine (and their history) plus techniques for using the machines.

If the latter, personally I found my "Scroll Saw Handbook" by Patrick Spielman (Sterling Publishing Company New York - and Cassell Plc, London) very useful. Look for the 2nd edition (my 1st edition is 1986, but the 2nd has more modern machines in it).

If you're "just" looking for patterns of various types, a good start point is Fox Chapel Publishing, also in the US (you'll find a lot more scrolling stuff in the US than in UK):

FoxChapelPublishing.com

HTH

Edit: Sorry, I've just noticed I've addressed this to the wrong person. It's an answer to PerranOak's OP, not to Martyn, my mistake.

Back