Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By MikeJhn
Droogs

You got the wrong person, I'v already done it, that's my table saw guard in the picture, you need to address your post to the OP.

Mike
By NeverGiveUp
Hi Eveyrbody,

Many thanks for all your valued contributions. As mentioned Acetal (POM) is very very similar to Delrin and was chosen as it machines very well. I have tried routing a slot using a tiny slotting cutter 1mm in diameter but I can only get down to around 5mm each side, I then finished the cut with a hacksaw blade, but the result is a bit messy. Pretty sure I am going to go for a scroll saw and the concensus seems to be go for good quality machine, either Hegner or Axminster, must have variable speed as I need to go slow to stop melting material and try various blades including skip tooth and higher tpi. I also wondered about trying spiral blades as I think I read on one of the forums that they kept the heat down. I will let you know once I have managed to get the solution. I also think once I get the scroll saw I will find numerous other applications and projects to keep myself out of mischief.
By AES
Thanks for your update "NeverGU". You wrote, QUOTE: I also think once I get the scroll saw I will find numerous other applications and projects to keep myself out of mischief. UNQUOTE:

That is VERY true!!!

AES