Screwfix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Screwfix click and collect what a nightmare,you would think it would be simple,put in your code numbers and click,but no its just taken me an hour to order two items,a complete shambles !

I did one today, in the car park, got out of van and collected.
Absolute dream

They do use the code don't they? You just type it in the search box?

I use it all the time (not much since lockdown started, I'll admit) and find it great. The app falls over occasionally but its mostly very good. Especially as I've got a trade account I can bypass the pleb queue and go straight to the trade counter.

Use screwfix quite a lot.

A mile down the road rather than the other side of town.

Prices usually reasonable - better that the diy outlets normally

Click and collect seems very efficient

Sorry Kevin,
It looks like a whole bunch of us all find Screwfix quick and easy to deal with online.
... and guys and gals at my local branch have been great ever since they opened, not just the last couple of months =D>

powertools":2pvcz403 said:
Good to know that you consider some of us to be plebs.
You should see the state of some of the critters in my local screwfix! Either of the Irish travelling variety that can't read and have to have the poor desk person translate the catalogue, posh numptys doing a spot of DIY but no idea what they need and then there's the one trying to return something that they used wrong and broke. Click and collect is a godsend if you're in a rush!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've used Toolstation a couple of times since the pandemic with no bother. Not even any paperwork required. Email confirmation order is ready (they open at 9am but the order was ready at 7.30am), roll up, tell them your name & collect the goods.
Tried Screwfix but their requirements put me off.
" When collecting your items, depending on your method of payment, along with your order number, you will need to bring the following:
Debit/Credit Card Payment
The payment card you used to purchase your items (for security purposes you will need to verify your card using chip & PIN).
Paypal
If using PayPal, you must bring photo ID, such as a Driving Licence or Passport (the name on the ID must match the name details in the payments section of the order)."

I don't have a mobile phone so no SMS nor do I have any photo ID so that rules out using Paypal.
Requiring the card PIN, after payment has been verified on line, means I can't get anyone else to collect an order.

You're very much in minority having no mobile phone. I couldn't imagine life without one. You can always order stuff for delivery? It's free over £50.

owen":2u65ylvu said:
You're very much in minority having no mobile phone. I couldn't imagine life without one. You can always order stuff for delivery? It's free over £50.

I dont have a mobile phone either, never seen the point of having one really.

I am happy that I have never done a selfie and posted it on line :)

Robbo3":2p3zuaci said:
Requiring the card PIN, after payment has been verified on line, means I can't get anyone else to collect an order.

My local screwfix has stopped this being a requirement during the pandemic.

I fell foul of this when I ordered a scroll saw and paid for it online, wanting it then rather than wait, off I went to pick it up, they refused my pick up as I didn't have the card I used to pay for it online (it was not obvious you had to do so at the time and I used a card I only use for online purchases), after several conversations with those behind the counter despite having the item number, card details, my receipt for same etc, I gave up and went home empty handed , so I requested a credit and then ordered it online with free delivery, I can't recall how long it took to arrive, a day or two? what a silly idea and more cost to them, I could understand if you rolled up with no details but if you are armed with all details and a receipt ??

Latest posts

Back