Scheppach hs80 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice please.
I have a Scheppach table saw, couldnt afford anything better when i started. I am going to upgrade in a couple of years, but i have a major issue with dust collection. My only means of extraction is via a Vacuum cleaner attached either to the rear outlet of the outlet on the guard above the blade. Neither work well, and i end up with more saw dust on the floor that in the Vac. Any suggestions would be welcome, other than buy a new saw.

I just noticed this question so better late than never.
You really need to connect to both suction ports to get a decent result. Get a plastic Y connection and some more vac hose and hook up to both. It will improve things a bit but chances are it still will not get it all as most saws are poor on dust collection. The top end machines now have 100 or 125mm ports in the bottom as well as the 50mm or whatever to the blade guard but you need a big 2HP or more dust extractor for those.
Dust extraction is more about your health than keeping the space tidy so if you can let the vac vent outside and wear a mask. It's the fine dust you can't see that is worst for your lungs.
Regards
John

Hi thanks for coming back, will have a look at a y piece for both ports, stupidly didn’t think of both

Back