Scale mortice and tenon doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfarris

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks
I am trying to figure out how I can scale mortice and tenon doors across the width without the tenon or haunches changing size.

So what I am after is to stretch the rails in the centre only along the red axis :?

Any help much appreciated

John

There isn't a stretch command. You either need to select the edges on one side of the rails and move them, or select the faces and use the push /pull tool.

MattRoberts":1cw5r77d said:
There isn't a stretch command. You either need to select the edges on one side of the rails and move them, or select the faces and use the push /pull tool.

He hasn't said which drawing programme he is using. If it is a 3D programme (I wonder if this is Sketchup), then yes, you're right. In a 2D programme, I don't know of one without a stretch command.

MikeG.":3ing9r4e said:
MattRoberts":3ing9r4e said:

He hasn't said which drawing programme he is using. If it is a 3D programme (I wonder if this is Sketchup), then yes, you're right. In a 2D programme, I don't know of one without a stretch command.
You're quite right. I had assumed it was sketchup (not sure why I made that assumption), which is what my reply refers to :)

MikeG.":356s21oe said:
MattRoberts":356s21oe said:

Yes it is Sketchup I am using not sure why I didn't say :oops:
When you say use the stretch command are you referring to push/pull?

Having done a little more research I think it a dynamic component I need to create.

John

MattRoberts":3aswocud said:

This is how I normally do it, hoping to find a better way :)

johnfarris":1we224uk said:
This is how I normally do it, hoping to find a better way :)

Well if your rails are components then you only need to do it to one of them. If they're not components, just drag a selection down all three and move the edges as one.

Back