Sash windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you provide some details on this? We looked at the Mumford London showroom and liked what we saw. Westbury doesn't have a London show room, so it's a bit of a trek. But some details might help us know if the trek would be worth while.
The windows are perfect, made on CNC's very very accurate, made in accoya. Come finished with a ten year paint garantee.
Mine have been in 5 years and still slide beautifully, look new.
Couple of balance issues with 2 windows, sorted very quickly.
Great company.

Are you able to take photos of the weather seals? Having had a bad install (will not name company), 1cm gaps around parting bead (instead of standard 3mm) and stuck on strips, really bad draughts when windy and it would rattle and bang as you slid it. I want to get something quality this time. See first 3 images, of poor installation (got refund).

I have photos of TimbaWood (two products from them) and Mumford Wood, which I also attached. I've looked at CAD drawings of George Barnsdale, but would need to get photos. I think I have a preference for hardened foam or nylon, than piles, as it is less visible and apparently have better acoustics - when fitted to new installs. I did like the over all build of mumford, but the weather piles are far more visible than the nylon troops of the TimbaWood. There was a second TimbaWood product with much more visible foam, but it did an L shape around the top of the parting bead, which i had not seen before - so zero draughts.

Attachments

• image-3.png
    image-3.png
    582 KB · Views: 6
  • image-2.png
    image-2.png
    720 KB · Views: 5
  • image-1.png
    image-1.png
    895.4 KB · Views: 3
  • timbawoodv2.png
    timbawoodv2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • timbawoodv1_2.png
    timbawoodv1_2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • timbawoodv1_1.png
    timbawoodv1_1.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • mumford2.png
    mumford2.png
    840.6 KB · Views: 5
  • mumford1.png
    mumford1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Hi Rich, The first bit of proper carpentry I did was to make a triple sash window for my own house a few years ago and I have just this week started to make 3 off double sash windows out of Accoya which I have bought rough sawn. I haven't paid to much for machinery / tools and have accumulated what I need along the way. I would encourage you to get a planer thicknesser as it gives you so much freedom allowing you to plane up whatever dimensions you need. So I'd encourage you to give it a go!

Back