Rubber 4 roofing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alder

Established Member
Reaction score
Do any members have any experience of using Rubber 4 roofing . From the website I believe the material needs to be about twelve inches wider than the actual roof.
Also is it difficult to fix. I believe the roof (plywood in my case needs to be dry before applying the cover). In my case the shed is only small and sectional so the material could be applied indoors in a bigger shed and carried to the site. I have missed the boat on lovely warm weather for the task.
Any assistance on this matter would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Russell

I've done a couple of rooves with them, and found them excellent. Give them the roof size, and they'll tell you the rubber size, and sell you all the additional stuff you need. They sold me too much adhesive, but that's by-the-by. The product is excellent, the service good, and simple rooves are certainly DIY-able. EPDM is a game-changer, in my view.

Done two pent sheds with EPDM with great results both times. Very simple process and equally quick to do. They say it lasts 50 years but I don't think it's been around that long so....?

did mine with EPDM from rubber 4 roofing also - as said above the company is helpful and they are also did a very reasonably price and delivered when promised. It is very easy to fit and there are video instructions on the web.

Nelsun":11al7xlx said:
Done two pent sheds with EPDM with great results both times. Very simple process and equally quick to do. They say it lasts 50 years but I don't think it's been around that long so....?

It's been around for about 60 years on the continent, and rooves done with the stuff 60 years ago are still in good nick apparently. I was told at a seminar some years ago that it was developed to line reservoirs.

+1 for the comments above. I have done a couple of roofs with their products and found it easy to use.
A couple of things I found were - pick a nice day it definitely goes much easier when the rubber is warm and has 'rested' as instructed.
Get the edging strips they sell they make it very easy to make a very neat job.
My only criticism is that they don't provide very many screws to fix the strips with but a couple of quid at screwfix sorted that out.

We use EPDM linings for sealing sprinkler storage tanks, the maximum guarantee we give is 10 years. UV plays a big part, so would think 10 years is the most you will get out of this system.

Mick Brightmore":3mjmvxzn said:
We use EPDM linings for sealing sprinkler storage tanks, the maximum guarantee we give is 10 years. UV plays a big part, so would think 10 years is the most you will get out of this system.

Well you think wrong. Maybe read the posts above, where I mentioned 60 year old rooves on the continent still in good order.

Back