Router tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm going to be making some wardrobe doors in the near future. I have a Bosch router and I am looking to get a table for it has anyone any suggestions as to which to get.

Cheers Faz

Hi Faz,

As you may know there are loads of router tables on the market and which one you want really depends on your budget and what you plan on using it for.

You say you have a bosch router, is that the 500a one or one of the bigger 1/2 models??

Rutlands has a great selection of router tables you may want to look at: http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... bmit1.y=14

If you reply back with how much your willing to spend and what you will mainly use it for I'm sure I or another member can give you some suggestions :)

Of course there’s the choice of making one yourself :wink: There are many plans on the internet and in ww books. I'll try and dig out some links for you if your interested.

Faz - make yer own! It's a doddle, you'll make it to your own spec and save a goodly few bob. Trend do an excellent plate (I'm pretty sure it's pre-drilled for Bosch) that you can sink into your bench for around £20, and the rest is pretty straightfoward.

The other thing you should buy for a home made table is a No Volt Release switch.
Fix it to the front of the table so you can turn the router on and off with groping under the table for its own switch. Much safer 8) and it also ensures that the router will not startup when you mend the fuse for the workshop after taking that :evil: very heavy :evil: cut.

I have a Bosch 500a and made an adaptor to let me use the Tend fine height adjuster, very good with the dovetail jig. If your intrested I might be able to find the rough drawing of it and post it here.

DaveL
(Who knows Father Christmas is bringing more cutters :D )

Latest posts

Back