Record Power Maxi 26

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebe

Reaction score
New to this forum but it looks to be the right place us. I work for a charity and we have been given one of these multi saws. It is in a very poor state but does run and looks complete and includes a large set of spindle cutter tools which have never been our the package. All the accessories appear to be there as well.
Because it has been left in a shed the table is very rusty. So after all that does anyone have any parts for this machine or does anyone need any parts. My thinking is we could resurrect it at some cost in time and effort or sell the parts of and put it to another machine. I spoke to Metabo and they said they were regularly being asked for parts for this machine but had none.

Spindle tool cutters probably worth much more than the machine. NB I had a maxi 26 and it's not a bad machine for the money.
I'd put them on ebay, machine and attachments as one item, tooling as another.

If you can post some pictures I am sure we can help you value it.

Pete

Shultzy and I both have this multifunction machine - which I have had for 10 years and is great except that the tables are difficult to level once they are out of true
Depending on where you are, if this machine is being broken up for scrap I would be very interested in the aluminium sliding section as mine is quite dented
Kind regards and thanks for posting
Mark

I will sort some pictures and put them up on here by Wednesday night. There are about 12 sets of pristine cutters in their original plastic cases, They still have price tags on them £19 average. The table doesn't look to saveable but all the aluminium guides are there. Also the motor and belts are ok. If the general opinion is that its a no hoper I will look to break it up

Don’t right the tables off to quickly some wd40 and wet and dry can work wonders.

Pete

Here we go then. I have posted images of the saw and components. Machine checkover: Motor runs well on extended test, spindle moulder rises/falls, thicknesser plate does the same. All locks and levers work and safety cut off works.

Our thoughts are this machine may be beyond amateur use. So we are faced with selling as a whole or as parts. If we break the machine, postage might be expensive especially for the motor. We were thinking if enough parts were sold or the whole machine we could deliver ourselves on a planned trip to Essex from Hull which would pass us through or near a number of centres. As to value we would prefer to sell as a whole for say 225 including the set of 10 cutters worth around 100.

The saw table given time would probably recover enough to make it useable. I gather the original owner paid over 4k for it so i want winge about car devaluation again.

I can be contacted on 07764157296 if anyone wants to talk things over. If anyone wants the images direct send me your email

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 208
I agree, done a few decks in the past using emery and oil. I am not a great fan of eBay though I would rather deal with dedicated woodworkers directly.

Back