Record Power CL1 broken motor shaft

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doofusme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Long shot, anyone got a burnt out motor for a CL1 that I could have the drive shaft from? Mine was bent and when I tried to straighten it it snapped off completely.
record Power will only sell a complete replacement motor for £££££££
Cheers
Phil

Now would be the ideal time to change over to a 3ø variable speed motor like wot I have had on my CL1 for about 8 or more years now. My CL1 is an oldie and I got it about 15 plus years back and it has TRANSFORMED it. I have no idea what the 3ø box on mine is as it is in my small shed and just about buried since our move back from France! But if you do a search I am sure that you will find a goodie as I did.

If you want to find more gen and can't then ask and I will see if I can dig my way into my shed and find out what kit I have? It made such a huge difference to my lathe! In fact I had a brian storm and looked at a photo of my lathe

http://drivesdirect.co.uk/

If yours, like mine, has a proper English size shaft and not this new fangled metrik upstart size then it will take a little longer and more beer tokens. Give them a call, they are very he;pful, or at least they were when I got mine.

5570E193-7E14-467B-959F-404A032DCF6E.jpeg
Out with the old and in with the new

Attachments

• 5570E193-7E14-467B-959F-404A032DCF6E.jpeg
    5570E193-7E14-467B-959F-404A032DCF6E.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 591
thanks for the idea but beer tokens needed elsewhere

Jonzjob":1ifnuvls said:
Now would be the ideal time to change over to a 3ø variable speed motor like wot I have had on my CL1 for about 8 or more years now. My CL1 is an oldie and I got it about 15 plus years back and it has TRANSFORMED it. I have no idea what the 3ø box on mine is as it is in my small shed and just about buried since our move back from France! But if you do a search I am sure that you will find a goodie as I did.

If you want to find more gen and can't then ask and I will see if I can dig my way into my shed and find out what kit I have? It made such a huge difference to my lathe! In fact I had a brian storm and looked at a photo of my lathe

http://drivesdirect.co.uk/

If yours, like mine, has a proper English size shaft and not this new fangled metrik upstart size then it will take a little longer and more beer tokens. Give them a call, they are very he;pful, or at least they were when I got mine.

Back