Record DML 24X bed bars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Y

Reaction score
New to this woodturning game and just got a load of old lathe bits given to me. They are all DML 24X parts (blue and green) but no bed bars. I managed to get some 38mm (1 1/2") bars but they appear slightly too large a diameter. Can someone please vernier or micrometer the bars for me so I can confirm the size needed.
Many thanks in advance.
Rob

I have a DML36SH Mk2 in the garage (it's a club lathe for sale) and the bedbars are 33.5mm dia or 1.325" which is 1 13/40. They were measured using vernier calipers, not as accurate as a micrometer, but good enough for the level of accuracy required here I think.
Hope that helps
Duncan

Looks like I might have to find some more bars as I can't get mine turned down that small, they're about 3mm thickness walls.
Thanks

Rob
I have a Coronet lathe ,a blue one , it has hollow bars 1.5 inch dia.
This lathe I think was when Record took over the Coronet, when I fitted it together the bars did seem tight,

Rob Y":3mm8o6mg said:
Looks like I might have to find some more bars as I can't get mine turned down that small, they're about 3mm thickness walls.
Thanks
Or you could make up adaptors in either metal or wood to fit inside the hollow bars. They would add a few inches to the overall length.

Thanks for all the help. Got the bars turned down to 33.5mm and there was still enough thickness. Cut to about 4 foot and all seems to fit fine.
Probably be back for more advise soon.
Rob

Hi Rob. I need to order some bed bars for my DML24X lathe. Did this size continue to work well for you in the end? any problems?

V

ou haven't said what the bars are Rob? They need to be very stiff or you will get a lot of vibration through them. My CL1 has the solid bars and they can rattle if the job is out of ballance.

The DML24X was my first, and only other lathe, and it's a very good machine. Good luck and welcome to the slippery turning slope mate! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back