Quick release for Producing DSH 2 speed scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am recently new to scrolling. My saw is not user friendly when it comes to changing blades which are held in place with machine screws that require a hex key to tighten. Consequently after a few weeks use the screws are already becoming worn and require extreme pressure to hold the blades. I really want to change the way the blades are held! Has anyone done this and how, any help, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Axminster Tools do a set of "quick release" blade holders which fit several different scroll saws. I don't know if that includes your Proxon saw or not but send them an E-mail/give them a ring and they'll put you straight - I've always found them very helpful. Usual disclaimers.

HTH

I believe the ones being suggested are the Pegas clamps

Which are a completely different type of blade clamp to the Proxxon

See attached

For the Proxxon, you might try to find a threaded knob (or make one)

Attachments

• Clip390.jpg
    Clip390.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 542
  • Clip389.jpg
    Clip389.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 543
Hi thanks for the info. I think that I will have to make something like the threaded knob. From the photo it would appear that manufacturer part would mean that the arm would be extended and therefore changes would also be required to the table. Thanks once again.

It would mean a lot more work than that I am afraid as the saws they are designed for have two fixing points, they simply wouldn't fit at all

Take a look at this video on you tube which may give you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=RxHRYPCJtzQ

I did a similar mod on the tension mechanism on a Hegner and that worked very well but haven't tried the same on the blade clamp

That's not what I meant whatnot. Those blade clamps you've pictured are the new ones from Pegas (Scies/Excalibur) and will fit Axi's version of the Ecalibur saws, Excalibur's own saws, and a couple of Jet & Delta models. The Scies web site gives the complete list but I know for sure those will not fit the Proxon.

The Axi clamps I was referring to are much different, and are for "other" saws - I'm not sure if those will fit the Proxon though, although I "SEEM TO" remember a thread on here some time back which say they don't fir Proxon. As said, I'm not sure though, which is why I suggested the OP contact Axi direct.

Okay, I did wonder if thats what you meant

I assumed it was the Pegas variety as the only other one I am aware of that Axminster sell (when they have them) is almost identical to the ones fitted to the Proxxon DSH2

So I don't think it would help the OP

But as you say the best thing would be to contact Axminster, they are usually very helpful

AES":a7on37e6 said:
That's not what I meant whatnot. Those blade clamps you've pictured are the new ones from Pegas (Scies/Excalibur) and will fit Axi's version of the Ecalibur saws, Excalibur's own saws, and a couple of Jet & Delta models. The Scies web site gives the complete list but I know for sure those will not fit the Proxon.

The Axi clamps I was referring to are much different, and are for "other" saws - I'm not sure if those will fit the Proxon though, although I "SEEM TO" remember a thread on here some time back which say they don't fir Proxon. As said, I'm not sure though, which is why I suggested the OP contact Axi direct.

Attachments

• Clip391.jpg
    Clip391.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 468
Yup, that's the one I meant, thanks. But no idea if it will fit the Proxon.

I had a pair of those you show which I fitted to a cheapo "generic" saw (Einhell in my case, but not the current model) and they did improve things a bit. But I gave that saw to my wife's girlfriend when I bought my Excali.

I have been in contact with Axminster and the quick release heads will not fit my saw. However I have established that the size of the socket headed bolt that is used in the saws clamp is M4 so I will try and manufacture a thumb screw or some kind of threaded knob to replace the original fitting. Thanks to all for their replies.

Back