projects finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi this is a few things I have finished over the last two weeks , the coal miner craft room and the pencil holder are from Steve goods site the xmas tree pattern came from Fabians little workshop site and the collie from Delphi glass site. Just looked at the photos and sorry if some are lop sided. the table is one I made after watching phills you tube video not as neat a hob as his but I used the scroll saw to cut the joints messed up big time hence the patches round the top of the legs , I used a water based varnish it took 6 coats to get it to look righ, I traced the thistle and used my burner to do it this is the first time of doing this.

take care
John

Attachments

• IMG_0230 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0230 (Custom).JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0231 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0231 (Custom).JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0232 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0232 (Custom).JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0237 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0237 (Custom).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0237 (Custom) (2).JPG
    IMG_0237 (Custom) (2).JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0234 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0234 (Custom).JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0236 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0236 (Custom).JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 303
All really good. I like the dog. That’s one happy chappy. I also like the coal miner one too. Is the dog made from corian.

Where do you get the corian and how big are the pieces.
The colours really pop.

hi Silversam the collie is made mostly out of corien ,I just down loaded the pattern from Delphi - free - and made it up as I went along, the collar and the ear tips are out of wild mango, the eyes and nose where varished to give them depth, I just had the corian and wild mango lying about from another projects.

I got the corian off ebay from wessy55 it only comes in 12 mm thick I have heard it can be found in 6 mm, there are quite a few on tonight but one can talk to wessy and get almost everything one wants , If you have not cut corian before slow speed and slow feed as it closes up behind the cut if you go fast claymore taught me that he uses a lot of corian, I think this will be my last corian piece for a while, I really like doing plaques I am going to order my next project a reolver from Bear woods tomorrow - today really - on top which I have just sold 4 shepherds crooks a the royal highland show so I will have to make some more of them for next year.

sorry if this is long winded

take care
John

Thanks for the info. Will have to look into getting some corian for the colours. May be better than painting.

hi it is much better than painting but it can take ages to remove the deep scratches.

take care
John

Back