What to get for b'day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All,
Just as an aside-this months issue of FWW has an article on the various tools steels and their uses.
Cheers
Philly :D

Many thanks one and all - it just shows you (or rather me!) how one can labour under a misapprehension for years!
You were right Alf - I had things confused.
ESP - thanks for taking the time and trouble to put that quote on.

Most appreciated guys,

Steve

Ha Ha!! Finally the day has arrived. My word it's a beautiful piece of engineering. Even the screws in the handles are aligned with the plane body :!: Perfection in metal and a bargain. If you hesitated to part with £200+ for an LN then hesitate no more - they are worth every penny.

Now if only I could afford the 5 1/2..........

End of gloat :D

Tony,

Many happy returns of the day! :D I won't look back in the thread and see what number it was you said, so: 21 again eh? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Who always hesitates before spending £200+, mainly in the cause of self preservation... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Just read the article in FWW (thanks Philly) which was as informative as it was confusing! Most 'purists' I know rave about carbon steel much as audiophiles rave about valve sound and vinyl, but just about everything I'm reading says that modern alloy steels are far superior. Similarly, I think digitally sampled sound beats the pants off a needle on vinyl - but that's another story...

David Charlesworth and Tom LN agree with this assumption - so who am I to argue?
The more I learn, the less I know... (with thanks to Gill!)

Steve (off to read about cryogenically induced molecular alignment...)

pass the Nurofen, someone?

Back