Chest of Drawers wip - slow hand tool project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks very nice, I like the oak and yew.

That saw in the 3 photo looks familiar where did you get it?

Pete

I agree with Pete, the colours of the woods look very nice together. A superb result, and a great piece of recycling ! I really ought to do something with all the bits of wood I've accumulated in the garage.

Racers":34gwq3kt said:
That saw in the 3 photo looks familiar where did you get it?

Pete

I don't know!

There is no name on it and I can't remember buying it, so maybe it came in a mixed lot with other tools. It's short, fairly fine-toothed and reasonably sharp, so it came in handy for quite a few cuts on this project.

I am sure I left one like it at Rich Arnolds first time, did it have a wooden blade protector?

Pete

Racers":30u3ut88 said:
I am sure I left one like it at Rich Arnolds first time, did it have a wooden blade protector?

Pete

Ah, that could be the source! I think it did have a wooden protector, which is not on it now, as I keep it in my saw till with the most useful saws.
So if it was one that you donated, thank you very much; it's a good saw! =D>

It was part of my buy lots of saws and learn sharpening phase, which seems to have passed now!

Pete

Shame it is finished in a good way

looks fantastic and the amount of work and detail astounded me
I have been watching this since day one

what now?

Steve

Looks great, love the contrast between the different timbers. Thanks for making the effort to post it all.

As can only be said by one man...
qmeme_1434271779941_427.jpg

Attachments

• qmeme_1434271779941_427.jpg
    qmeme_1434271779941_427.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,432
andy,

finally got round [planning daughter's wedding, don't sak.....] to looking at the finished job on this site- excellent. having had privelage of seeing it first hand i can apprciate the achievement that this represents. well done, and for remembering to take photos as you go.

but it looks to me that it's rellly crying out for another one to make a pair of chests?

Thanks Hugh and all the others who have asked for a matching pair - I'd sort of like to make one, but there is no space on the other side of the bed, as it's filled with this wardrobe I made years ago and a chest of drawers would stop the left hand door opening!

IMG_3541.jpg

At the moment there is no other space in the house for another chest of drawers, so I am a bit stuck for what to make next...

Back