Cheapo palm router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottdimelow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if you know of any cheap palm routers. All I seem to come across are the bosch and dewalt ones.

I don't want anything special, all I intend to do with it is use it in a homemade domino. As I'm sure you've seen on youtube.

TIA

Absolutely perfect, just what I wanted. In makita green too lol.

Cheers, I'm getting closer to having some form of a domino :)

You realise it's a makita clone right? I have the same real makita one it's very good.

Adidat

As a result of this post I splurged a whole 35 quid on the Amazon deal - rude not to , I have had a Trend T5 for years now, but this looks like a handy tool for a quick or small job .

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm debating whether or not to buy a second so I can have the first dedicated to the peasant domino.

Dimmaz88":2qaluu37 said:
Just found this one for £5 less, plus it's got a metal housing. And it has speed control. Think I'll give that one a go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LVVJ99U/r ... UTF8&psc=1

finish_that":2qaluu37 said:
As a result of this post I splurged a whole 35 quid on the Amazon deal - rude not to , I have had a Trend T5 for years now, but this looks like a handy tool for a quick or small job .

I've always been wary of cheap knock-offs so it would be interesting to know what your verdicts are.

Following up on this after mine arived next day after order.
Not used in anger yet too busy and working weekends:
- Makita copy
- Small print manual but detailed
- Rubber handgrip not perfectly fitted and some glue overspill
- Collet 1/4" and well finished
- No soft start
- Absolutely no vibration
- Variable speed works well

finish_that":ufnl56kx said:
Following up on this after mine arived next day after order.
Not used in anger yet too busy and working weekends:
- Makita copy
- Small print manual but detailed
- Rubber handgrip not perfectly fitted and some glue overspill
- Collet 1/4" and well finished
- No soft start
- Absolutely no vibration
- Variable speed works well

Thanks for the update! For a long time I've liked the idea of a small router (my only other router is a Dewalt 625) but the cost has always been preventive.

For the price it's certainly worth a try.

Cheers,
Mark

Had one of these delivered a couple of days back. http://www.aimtools.co.uk/101748-6mm-1- ... -220v.html

Free delivery and arrived within 24 hours. I was extremely sceptical about buying a clone of a Makita, but I have to say, this thing is extremely well made.

Compared to my old Makita 3703 it's ridiculously quiet, (the 3703 screams) loads of power, variable speed, plenty of accessories including a dust extraction fitting. All in all it's a real pleasure to use, how long it lasts is debatable, although it comes with a spare set of brushes, which I'm not sure is good or bad??

Oh, the accessories, bearing guide, fence etc all fit the old Makita also.

Aimtools also have some more accessories available, tilting base which I have to get for £14.74, and a full plunge base for £28.49.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys, hope it's of interest!

Well its now October and I have used my Katsu in anger over the last few months, what a bargain bit of kit it is, it just works, nothing spectacular but works as it should, the tilting base is very handy for odd shapes, used it to plunge some holes at odd angles using the depth adjuster, highly recommended for the price, and its still available on the link above.

Mike

Back