Need a chuck!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray-murphy

Reaction score
Can anybody advise me on a choice of chuck? Due to financial constraints (shortage of readies!), i am looking into buying either the Record RP3000, or the Dakota Complete Chucking System (XT500 in Rutlands catalogue-page 17). Both are around the £60 mark which suits my pocket!! HELP!!!

Hi Ray
The best option is to go for a single handed scroll chuck but that's at least 30 notes more than the Dakota.

You may find s/h RP 3000 chucks around £40... but I personally don't like them (had two at one time) because of the pfaffing needed to mount a piece... that said, I know of folks who're quite happy with theirs.

The Dakota (similar to the Bonham 100 and the early Nova) is fine but does involve using two hands to tighten... it's possible to tighten one handed but you'll need fairly large hands :wink:

S/h Single handed scroll chucks e.g. Record 4000, SuperNova rarely come up for sale.

It may be better save your pennies to spend a little more now and grow with it ...than spend less and grow out of it :wink:

Back