SIP 01332 10 inch Professional Cast Iron Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi
I have seen this saw (SIP 01332 10 inch Professional Cast Iron Table Saw) advertised on ebay and from SIP for around £1000.00. Can anyone please give me some advice on whether it is a good buy?
I am building a new garage and looking to set up a workshop.
Thanks in advance

Pedro

Pretty sure Dodge on here uses one along with a few other members. Hopefully they will spot it and reply :)

MMUK":2h3iv7qw said:
Personally I'd buy the Bosch for half the price :)
... but there's no comparison. The Bosch has an ali table and a horrid noisy brush motor, whereas the SIP has a cast iron table an induction motor and a cabinet stand. Chalk and cheese.

RogerP":2nvka1ua said:
MMUK":2nvka1ua said:
Personally I'd buy the Bosch for half the price :)
... but there's no comparison. The Bosch has an ali table and a horrid noisy brush motor, whereas the SIP has a cast iron table an induction motor and a cabinet stand. Chalk and cheese.

Have you used the Bosch? It may have a brushed motor but it isn't noisy in the least.

And what's wrong with an alu table? Is it just cast iron snobbery I see here?

The 01332 is quite a respected saw, it's essentially the same as the Axminster AW10BSB2 (£800 at Axminster). Off eBay - is that a new machine? If not then it's pricey, if it is new then £200 more than the bare saw from Axminster but depends if you get the extension tables or sliding table with it.

I bought the axminster version of this saw it is somewhat agricultural and may benefit from a larger motor but it does what it says on the box and needed no adjustment right out of the box,

it also has a three year guarantee the aditonal cast tables that you can buy as an extra are well worth having, but the jury is still out on the £400 sliding table option I don't want to say to much before I have had the chance to fettle it..take a good look at it and put a little weight on it and make your own mind up..

overall good value recommended

Thanks in advance for the advice

This saw has a large cast iron table and comes complete with two cast iron extension tables and a cabinet stand.

The itech is not the same at all it may look the same with a passing glance but the itech is not the same quality I have first hand experience and have one sitting on my drive awaiting collection by s&s as I write this..

do not buy the itech machine

fretnot":1vuf0dhk said:
The itech is not the same at all it may look the same with a passing glance but the itech is not the same quality I have first hand experience and have one sitting on my drive awaiting collection by s&s as I write this..

do not buy the itech machine
Useful info. Please expand.

Many thanks Roger
Looks like its £100.00 cheaper on that website. I think I will go for it in a couple of weeks, just waiting for my garage door to come.
Always best to ask the guys in the know

P

If you are looking to spend around a grand then take a look at the Woodford Woodworking machinery site. The proprietor, Roy Arrowsmith ?? sells two cabinet saw for that kind of money. I have one and my buddy has the other. Both of which I consider to be far superior to the SIP saw. Just my opinion of course but worth a look at his site and perhaps a chat with him.

These are both full sized 3 HP saws and weighing in at around 230Kg so perhaps not suited to a small garden shed shop but if you are in that kind of price range the money will buy you a good saw.

http://woodfordwm.co.uk/102103Xcaliburtest.pdf

http://woodfordwm.co.uk/

click on the link in the box at the bottom of the page where it says woodfordtooling.com this will show you the other saw he has for sale.

In addition you can buy accessories for this saw, such as stacked dado heads and arbour extensions for these saws.

Good luck.

David

Back